Tuesday, 28 March 2006
Tarkine Aboriginal Rock Art
- That the Senate—
- condemns the most recent vandalism of ancient Aboriginal rock art on Tasmania’s Tarkine coastline;
- expresses its abhorrence at the vandalism;
- sends its sympathy to Tasmania’s Aboriginal community;
- calls on the Tasmanian Government to vigorously pursue, discover and bring to justice those responsible; and
- asks the Commonwealth to take all due action to uphold the Burra Charter, to bring those responsible for this outrage to justice and to prevent any recurrence of such destructive behaviour against Australia’s heritage.