Wednesday, 3 April 2019
That, on Wednesday, 3 April 2019:
(1) The routine of business from 9.30 am to 2 pm and from 3.30 pm to 5 pm shall be:
(a) consideration of:
(i) a censure motion concerning Senator Anning,
(ii) a motion to be moved by a minister relating to gun control, and
(iii) the notice of motion standing in the name of the Leader of the Government in the Senate (Senator Cormann) relating to the qualification of senators under section 44 of the Constitution;
(b) consideration of the following bills and a related order of the day:
Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2018-2019
Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2018-2019
Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 2) 2018-2019
Advances provided under the annual Appropriation Acts Report for 2017-18
Supply Bill (No. 1) 2019-20
Supply Bill (No. 2) 2019-20
Supply (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2019-20
Social Services Legislation Amendment (Energy Assistance Payment) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (Medicare Levy and Medicare Levy Surcharge) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (Increasing the Instant Asset Write Off for Small Business Entities) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (North Queensland Flood Recovery) Bill 2019
Governor-General Amendment (Salary) Bill 2019
Foreign Influence Transparency Scheme Amendment Bill 2019
Export Finance and Insurance Corporation Amendment (Support for Infrastructure Financing) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (Mutual Reforms) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (Making Sure Foreign Investors Pay Their Fair Share of Tax in Australia and Other Measures) Bill 2019
Income Tax (Managed Investment Trust Withholding Tax) Amendment Bill 2018
Income Tax Rates Amendment (Sovereign Entities) Bill 2018
Corporations Amendment (Strengthening Protections for Employee Entitlements) Bill 2018
Treatment Benefits (Special Access) Bill 2019
Treatment Benefits (Special Access) (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2019
Criminal Code Amendment (Sharing of Abhorrent Violent Material) Bill 2019
Social Security (Administration) Amendment (Income Management and Cashless Welfare) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (Design and Distribution Obligations and Product Intervention Powers) Bill 2018
Treasury Laws Amendment (2019 Petroleum Resource Rent Tax Reforms No. 1) Bill 2019
Customs Tariff Amendment (Craft Beer) Bill 2019
Treasury Laws Amendment (2019 Measures No. 1) Bill 2019
Excise Tariff Amendment (Supporting Craft Brewers) Bill 2019
Australian Business Securitisation Fund Bill 2019; and
consideration of the notice of motion standing in the name of Senator Farrell for the disallowance of item 4 of the Parliamentary Business Resources Amendment (2019 Measures No. 1) Regulations 2019 [F2019L00177].
(1A) In respect of the motion listed under subparagraph (1)(a)(i):
(a) senators speaking in the debate may speak for not more than 10 minutes each; and
(b) the motion shall be determined without amendment.
(2) Divisions may take place between 12.45 pm and 2 pm.
(3) If, by 5 pm, the matters listed in paragraph (1) have not been finally considered, any questions required to dispose of the matters shall be put without debate at the conclusion of the items listed in paragraph (5).
(4) Paragraph (3) of this order shall operate as a limitation of debate under standing order 142 in respect of each of the bills.
(5) From 5 pm, the routine of business shall be as follows:
(a) first speeches by Senators Askew and Spender, without any question before the chair; and
(b) valedictory statements relating to Senators Scullion, Moore and Cameron.
(6) Immediately after the valedictory statements, or after the determination of any questions in accordance with paragraph (3), whichever is the later, party leaders and independent senators may make responses to the Budget statement and documents for not more than 20 minutes each.
(7) The question for the adjournment shall be proposed after the conclusion of responses to the Budget statement and documents.