This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Zali Steggall voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Bills: Archives and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2021; Consideration in Detail (25 Mar 2021)
“I move the amendment circulated in my name: (1) Schedule 1, item 7, page 4 (after line 29), after subsection 7(2DA), insert: (2DB) A Minister and an agency other than the Australian Human Rights Commission are not exempt under subsection (2DA)(a) from the operation of this Act in relation to documents created for purposes other than the Independent Review to which a right of access otherwise...”
- Bills: Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility Amendment (Extension and Other Measures) Bill 2021; Consideration in Detail (25 Mar 2021)
“by leave—I move amendments (1) to (5) together: (1) Schedule 1, item 7, page 4 (line 24), omit the definition of Secretary. (2) Schedule 1, page 7 (after line 23), after item 15, insert: 15A At the end of Part 2 Add: 8A Prohibition on assistance for fossil fuel-based infrastructure (1) Financial assistance must not be provided under this Act for the development of fossil fuel-based...”
- Bills: Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility Amendment (Extension and Other Measures) Bill 2021; Second Reading (25 Mar 2021)
“I rise today to speak on the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility Amendment (Extension and Other Measures) Bill 2021. For those who don't know, in shorthand, the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility is called the NAIF. It was established under statute in 2016. It is a government agency with $5 billion to invest to provide the basis for economic and population growth in northern...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 102 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Zali Steggall speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 121 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)