This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Zali Steggall voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Bills: Sex Discrimination and Fair Work (Respect at Work) Amendment Bill 2021; Second Reading (2 Sep 2021)
“[by video link] I rise to speak on the Sex Discrimination and Fair Work (Respect at Work) Amendment Bill 2021. I'm thankful that we are finally getting to this. It has taken way too long. Following the delay in the government responding to and implementing the Respect@Work report recommendations that sat for way too long on the then Attorney-General's desk, on 15 March this year I introduced...”
- Bills: Paid Parental Leave Amendment (COVID-19 Work Test) Bill 2021; Second Reading (31 Aug 2021)
“[by video link] I welcome the opportunity to speak on the Paid Parental Leave Amendment (COVID-19 Work Test) Bill 2021. This bill makes necessary amendments to the paid parental leave work test arrangements to ensure that those who have lost work as a result of the government imposed lockdowns are not disqualified from receiving government paid parental leave and the dad and partner pay...”
- Motions: Federal Integrity Commission (31 Aug 2021)
“[by video link] Regular surveys show that over 80 per cent of Australians support the establishment of a federal corruption watchdog. With the limited time left in this term of parliament we ought to be concentrating our efforts on things that need to be done now. I'm calling on the Prime Minister to make good on his 2018 promise to establish a federal integrity commission. All states and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 98 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Zali Steggall speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 159 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)