This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Zali Steggall voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Has never voted on encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Bills: Veterans' Affairs Legislation Amendment (Supporting the Wellbeing of Veterans and Their Families) Bill 2020; Second Reading (18 Jun 2020)
“This bill, the Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (Supporting the Wellbeing of Veterans and Their Families) Bill 2020, creates a new position for the Repatriation Commission and the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission to represent the families of veterans. It also enables the provision of assistance or benefits to former Australian Defence Force members to assist...”
- Resolutions of the Senate: COVID-19: Arts and Entertainment Industry; Consideration of Senate Message (18 Jun 2020)
“I second this motion. The arts play a central part in the way we live—”
- Questions without Notice: Donations to Political Parties (17 Jun 2020)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. State governments have led the way with prohibitions on industry donations and anti-corruption watchdogs. In contrast, at the federal level, we still have no national integrity and anti-corruption watchdog and no prohibition on political donations from the property development, mining, tobacco or gambling industries. This is the virus corrupting our...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Zali Steggall speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 50 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)