This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Zali Steggall voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Has never voted on encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Adjournment: Sydney Harbour Federation Trust (13 Feb 2020)
“As a proud Sydneysider I rise to highlight the importance of one of our most loved and cherished assets, our beautiful harbour and the unique pockets of protected bushland that surround it. In my area of Warringah, I refer specifically to Chowder Bay, Georges Heights, Middle Head and North Head Sanctuary. These are truly iconic sites, sitting at the gateway of Sydney Harbour. To Indigenous...”
- Committees: Environment and Energy Committee; Report (12 Feb 2020)
“During 2019, the House of Representatives Standing Committee on the Environment and Energy, of which I am a member, inquired into the circumstances and prerequisites for a future government to consider nuclear energy, including small modular reactor technologies in Australia. We received over 300 submissions and held 11 public hearings all over Australia. I commend the chair, the member for...”
- Condolences: Australian Bushfires (12 Feb 2020)
“I join with my parliamentary colleagues in expressing heartfelt condolences for the devastating loss of life, property and innocence in the bushfires that have ravaged our nation. The statistics are heartbreaking: 33 lives lost, more than 3,000 homes destroyed, over one billion animals killed, and almost 12 million hectares burnt across our nation. To the families and friends of those...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Zali Steggall speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 29 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)