This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Vince Connelly voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Climate Change (5 Mar 2020)
“One of the defining challenges of our times is the requirement to materially reduce global emissions. I'm the father of three beautiful children and, of course, I want to give them the benefits of enjoying the wonderful environment that I've been able to enjoy. It's unfortunate, though, that those opposite seek to perpetuate the myth that Australia is somehow not pulling its weight in...”
- Questions without Notice: Child Safety (3 Mar 2020)
“My question is to the Minister for Home Affairs. Will the minister outline for the House how the Morrison government is ensuring that Australia leads the fight to combat child exploitation?”
- Statements by Members: Stirling Electorate: Jambo Africa Festival (3 Mar 2020)
“On Saturday, I had the great pleasure of participating in the Jambo Africa Festival in the heart of my electorate of Stirling. This festival is the largest African festival in Australia. On display was an amazing array of food, dancing, vibrant music and, of course, authentic African food. Jambo Africa promotes cross-cultural awareness and understanding of African culture here in Australia. I...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Vince Connelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)