This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Vince Connelly voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Stirling Electorate (25 Mar 2021)
“Due to population changes in my home state of Western Australia, the Australian Electoral Commission has been charged to conduct a redistribution which will see the number of divisions go from 16 down to 15. The draft boundaries which were released last week see the abolition of the federal division of Stirling, the one that I represent. Stirling division will now most likely be merged out...”
- Adjournment: Covid-19 (24 Mar 2021)
“Every Australian who hasn't had the opportunity to work inside parliament or government sort of sees a few things on question time or television or might hear them on the radio but doesn't get to see what it's like behind the scenes. Today I would like to take our viewers and listeners on a little bit of an expose as to what it's like to observe as a member of parliament and watch our...”
- Questions without Notice: Economy (24 Mar 2021)
“My question is to the Treasurer. Will the Treasurer remind the House how the Morrison government's strong leadership and our resilient economy are delivering on our commitment to generate more and more jobs for all Australians, and is the Treasurer aware of any alternative policies?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Vince Connelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 63 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)