This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Vince Connelly voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: COVID-19: Morrison Government (22 Oct 2020)
“Before I came to this place, and after having concluded my first career in the Australian Army, I worked in business as a crisis management consultant. Some friends of mine joked, when I was about to take up the role in the place: 'Vince, it will be handy to be able to deal with a crisis when you get into parliament!' I'm pleased to report that some of the principles which underpin effective...”
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2020-2021, Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2020-2021, Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2020-2021; Second Reading (21 Oct 2020)
“Today I rise to speak about the importance of critical minerals, particularly in Australia and into our future. Global supply chains have been rocked by COVID-19. While Australia has done comparatively well, we have not been immune, and supplies of many important goods have been strained. For some goods, this has been reasonably quick and easy to solve. For example, when we needed more face...”
- Statements by Members: Stirling Electorate: Surfing WA (19 Oct 2020)
“As a very amateur surfer and a father to three surf crazy kids, last week was a really exciting milestone for the future of surfing in Western Australia. Surfing WA successfully obtained a ground lease from the City of Stirling to enable delivery of a $4 million election commitment that I secured in 2019 so that they can build a brand new facility. I want to thank the team at Surfing WA,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Vince Connelly speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)