This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Tim Wilson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Burnell, Mr Robert (Bob), Gowty, Mr Greville (14 May 2020)
“Recently, the Goldstein community lost two of its community stalwarts: Robert 'Bob' Burnell and Greville Gowty. Together with their wives, they contributed over a hundred years of active service to our community, to our country—to keep it a liberal democracy—and, of course, to our wonderful party. Bob, after retiring from the Victorian police force continued to serve the...”
- Adjournment: Goldstein Electorate: COVID-19 (13 May 2020)
“I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful people in the Goldstein electorate, who, like all other Australians, have endured the difficulties of the COVID-19 pandemic. I particularly acknowledge the resilience of many families and workers who have done the right thing by themselves and their community to keep us safe during a difficult time. I know a number of other members have...”
- Adjournment: Covid-19 (12 May 2020)
“All members of this chamber have been working in our communities to support Australians affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we will continue to do so for some time. The health crisis has led to an economic crisis, and, let's face it: the former will be shorter than the latter. Since the COVID-19 outbreak began, more than 4.1 million positive cases have been reported worldwide, and 281,000...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Tim Wilson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 290 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)