This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Terry Young voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Constituency Statements: Longman Electorate: Police-Citizens Youth Club Caboolture (2 Dec 2019)
“A few weeks ago I met with Senior Sergeant Ashley Freyling, from the Caboolture Police-Citizens Youth Club—or PCYC, as it's more affectionately known—and Kel Clarke, from PCYC Queensland, to chat with them about a project very near and dear to my heart, as it is to theirs and to the community of Longman. For PCYC Caboolture to continue to deliver their youth development and crime...”
- Statements by Members: Small Business (28 Nov 2019)
“There is no doubt that small and medium businesses, which employ nearly 40 per cent of workers in this country, are the backbone of Australia's economy. From your favourite coffee shop down the road from your house to the dry cleaners a couple of blocks away, everywhere you look and everywhere you go there is a business within your community providing a service you probably wouldn't be able...”
- Statements by Members: Longman Electorate: Vocational Education and Training (25 Nov 2019)
“Last week the Morrison government broadened the horizons of the people of Longman by providing more pathways into employment and, at the same time, has kept the art of welding alive and assisted welding apprentices and qualified welders to keep developing their skills in an ever-changing world. The coalition government provided $750,000 to establish an Augmented Reality Welder Training Centre...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Terry Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)