This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Terry Young voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statement by the Speaker: Domestic and Family Violence (24 Mar 2021)
“Domestic violence is still rife in our communities and continues to poison our country, tearing families apart, destroying lives and causing an unspeakable amount of pain. It's truly a most vicious cycle. I have spoken out about the topic of domestic violence in this room before and will continue to speak up because I will not stand by and be silent on this issue. I truly hope there will come...”
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2020-2021, Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2020-2021; Second Reading (23 Mar 2021)
“Working in parliament has been the biggest privilege of my life. I have been fighting hard to improve the lives of the people in my electorate of Longman. As everyone who has worked in government knows, delivering funding for a local project or services isn't necessarily guaranteed. We as representatives of our communities here in parliament have to fight hard to deliver for our communities....”
- Private Members' Business: COVID-19: Employment (22 Mar 2021)
“I move: The motion was unavailable at the time of publishing. Last week we had some great news on employment figures. The national unemployment rate dropped from 6.4 per cent in January to 5.8 per cent in February. This is an outstanding result and it's no exaggeration to say it exceeded our expectations. Importantly, more than 40 per cent of the 88,700 new jobs created in that period went...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Terry Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)