This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Terry Young voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Has never voted on encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: COVID-19: JobMaker (15 Jun 2020)
“My question is to the Minister for Industry, Science and Technology. Will the minister please update the House on how the Morrison government's JobMaker plan to cut regulation and reduce compliance costs will support small and medium-sized businesses and create jobs?”
- Private Members' Business: Pacific: COVID-19 (15 Jun 2020)
“I move: That this House: (1) commends the Government's Pacific Step-up and its focus on building prosperity across the regions, including by encouraging close links between Australian business and investors with the Pacific; (2) recognises that the Pacific is part of Australia's family and that we have a special relationship with our Pacific neighbours; and (3) notes that the significant...”
- Bills: Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Improving Assistance for Vulnerable and Disadvantaged Families) Bill 2020; Second Reading (12 Jun 2020)
“I'm pleased to rise in support of the Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Improving Assistance for Vulnerable and Disadvantaged Families) Bill 2020. I welcome the opportunity to speak today about the importance of child care and how the government is supporting child care, the childcare system and Australian families. The Morrison government's primary aim is to support families and the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Terry Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)