This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Terry Young voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Has never voted on encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Morrison Government (13 Feb 2020)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. Will the Prime Minister outline to the House how the Morrison government's consistent beliefs and policies are ensuring that it delivers on its commitments to Australians? Is the Prime Minister aware of the effects of any alternative approaches?”
- Statements by Members: Rotary International (13 Feb 2020)
“The centenary countdown has well and truly begun for Rotary in Australia and New Zealand, as these organisations will celebrate the first 100 years of service in 2021. This is no ordinary celebration. The year 2021 will mark 100 years of all Rotary organisations across Australia providing service to others, promoting integrity and advancing world understanding, goodwill and peace through...”
- Bills: Commonwealth Registers Bill 2019, Treasury Laws Amendment (Registries Modernisation and Other Measures) Bill 2019, Business Names Registration (Fees) Amendment (Registries Modernisation) Bill 2019, Corporations (Fees) Amendment (Registries Modernisation) Bill 2019, National Consumer Credit Protection (Fees) Amendment (Registries Modernisation) Bill 2019; Second Reading (12 Feb 2020)
“I rise in support of the Commonwealth Registers Bill 2019 and the related bills. We are surrounded by Australians with new and innovative business ideas and ventures that they dream of starting from the ground up. Every day we drive past local businesses that are just looking for the confidence to invest. They want to help their business and the community they love grow and thrive. They just...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Terry Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 16 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)