This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Terry Young voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: COVID-19: Vaccination (12 Aug 2021)
“My question is to Minister for Health and Aged Care. Can the minister update the House on the real heroes of the COVID-19 pandemic, who are testing and vaccinating a record number of Australians every day on the front line?”
- Bills: Dental Benefits Amendment Bill 2021; Second Reading (12 Aug 2021)
“I rise to speak on the Dental Benefits Amendment Bill 2021. When you have young children, there always seem to be 101 things you need to do throughout the day. There are play dates to arrange, books to read, items around the house to put out of reach, meals to prepare, mess to clean and sometimes even keys to fish out of the toilet. There are decisions on which day care, kindergarten,...”
- Questions without Notice: Economy (10 Aug 2021)
“My question is to the Treasurer. How is the Morrison government's strong economic leadership ensuring our economy remains resilient during these challenging times so that Australia is well placed to bounce back again in the future? Is the Treasurer aware of any alternative approaches?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 66 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Terry Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)