This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Terry Young voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Matters of Public Importance: Morrison Government (12 Nov 2020)
“The suggestion put forward today that the government is somehow not delivering for the Australian people is yet another example of a lack of understanding when it comes to job creation, and it shows a lack of understanding when it comes to getting our economy back on track as we come out of the worst economic crisis in 100 years. This crisis was caused by a global pandemic, and the Australian...”
- Statements by Members: Longman Electorate: Non-Profit Groups (12 Nov 2020)
“Today I want to acknowledge the great work that not-for-profit groups on Bribie Island are doing for their community. Around three years ago a number of these groups got together and formed an organisation called Helping Agencies Network Development, or HAND. HAND is a great example of how different helping agencies can work together to have a greater positive impact on their community....”
- Adjournment: Longman electorate: Community Radio (9 Nov 2020)
“On Saturday, I attended the AGM for one of my electorate's most important community organisations—Moreton Bay's own 101.5 FM, a community radio station in Caboolture. Community radio plays an important role in so many communities. It gives a platform to a diverse range of views that enrich our social and cultural fabric. It promotes media diversity and provides social inclusion and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Terry Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)