This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Ted O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Queensland: Roads (5 Mar 2020)
“Never before has the Sunshine Coast been the recipient of so much federal government funding. This year alone we will see the completion of the six-laning of the Bruce Highway between the Caloundra Road and the Sunshine Motorway; we will see the completion of a new runway, giving way to a fully-fledged international airport in Maroochydore; we will see the start of the Maroochydore Road and...”
- Committees: Environment and Energy Committee; Reference to Federation Chamber (5 Mar 2020)
“I move: That the order of the day be referred to the Federation Chamber for debate. Question agreed to.”
- Committees: Environment and Energy Committee; Report (5 Mar 2020)
“On behalf of the Standing Committee on the Environment and Energy, I present the committee's report entitled Report of the inquiry into vegetation and land management policy relating to bushfires, together with the minutes of proceedings. Report made a parliamentary paper in accordance with standing order 39(e). by leave—I present the report of the House of Representatives Standing...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ted O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 190 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)