This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Ted O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Committees: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Joint Committee; Report (1 Sep 2021)
“On behalf of the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade, I present the committee's report entitled One nation, one family, one future: deepening relations with the Pacific nations through trade. Report made a parliamentary paper in accordance with standing order 39(e). by leave—Before I go into the nuts and bolts of this report, can I just reflect very quickly on...”
- Statements by Members: ANZUS Treaty (1 Sep 2021)
“I believe our nation's greatest challenge is not COVID-19 but resolving the China question and pursuing peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific. We know that the international political economy is amidst a period of heightened uncertainty, and the strategic challenges we face as a nation are as great as we've seen for generations. But our end goal is clear: it is peace; it is stability; it is...”
- Questions without Notice: COVID-19: Morrison Government (30 Aug 2021)
“My question goes to the Prime Minister: We are making daily progress on the national plan as more and more Australians, including those in my electorate, continue to arm themselves against COVID-19 through vaccination. Will the Prime Minister please update the House on how this plan will safely restore livelihoods and help to secure Australia's post-pandemic future?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ted O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)