This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Ted O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Olympic and Paralympic Games (24 Jun 2021)
“My question goes to the Prime Minister. Will the Prime Minister please update the House on Brisbane's bid to host the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games and how the Morrison government has supported that campaign? Will the Prime Minister outline the benefits that would flow to Australia, particularly Queensland, should we secure this major global event?”
- Private Members' Business: In Vitro Fertilisation (23 Jun 2021)
“I second the motion. There are few things that unite this chamber more than a love of family. Indeed, I believe all Australians and, beyond Australia, all cultures of the world share that love of family. I myself was very fortunate to be born the ninth child and so brought up in a very large family. My wife, Sophia, and I have two precious little ones. I know, as the member for Ryan has laid...”
- Constituency Statements: Craft Brewing and Distilling Industry (22 Jun 2021)
“I'd like to propose a toast to the craft brewers and distillers of Australia. You might think this is small beer, but it is big business, I tell you. There are about 600 small brewers and about 400 distillers dotted across Australia. Two-thirds of those are in regional and rural areas. We all know where the best brewers and distillers locate themselves. That's right: the Sunshine Coast...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 8 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ted O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 226 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)