This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Ted O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Pacific (24 Oct 2019)
“My question is to the Minister for International Development and the Pacific. Will the minister outline to the House how the Morrison government's secure and stable economic management is making our region more stable and secure by assisting our Pacific family to secure their own economic prosperity? Minister, do you know of any alternative approaches?”
- Statements by Members: Daniel Morcombe Foundation: Day for Daniel (22 Oct 2019)
“On 7 December 2003, a most depraved and sickening act took place on the Sunshine Coast, where a boy was abducted and murdered. He was 13, and his name was Daniel Morcombe. Daniel's parents, Bruce and Denise, have since established the Daniel Morcombe Foundation, which really is Daniel's legacy, as it educates, particularly, children and young people on the importance of personal safety. How...”
- Questions without Notice: Economy (16 Oct 2019)
“My question is to the Treasurer. Will the Treasurer explain why lower taxes are important to growing a stronger economy? And, Treasurer, what are the consequences of any higher taxing policy alternatives?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ted O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 177 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)