This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Sydney
- Shadow Minister for Women (since 28 Jan 2021)
Shadow Minister for Education (since 28 Jan 2021)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Tanya Plibersek speaks (no more than once per day)
- Statements on Indulgence: Ukraine (30 Mar 2022)
“Yes, we do stand with the people of Ukraine in the condemnation of Russia's war of aggression. This is an illegal war based on a discredited idea of Russian imperialism in Eastern Europe. Ukraine is its own country with its own history. It has sovereignty. It has the right to territorial independence. It has the right to make its own decisions within its own borders. It has the right to live...”
- Statements on Indulgence: New South Wales: Floods, Queensland: Floods (30 Mar 2022)
“It is shocking that just a couple of weeks ago we were devastated by the scenes from northern New South Wales, and today again we're seeing the footage of what's happened to Lismore. After those poor people have probably just started to get on top of the devastation of the last lot of floods, to be facing the same devastation again really is beyond words. It is beyond words to think about how...”
- Statements by Members: Independent Review into Commonwealth Parliamentary Workplaces (1 Dec 2021)
“I rise today to thank Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins and her staff at the Human Rights Commission for Set the standard, the report she released yesterday into the parliamentary workplace and making sure that everyone who works here is safe at work. I want to thank the Sex Discrimination Commissioner and all of the staff who worked on the report, and I particularly want to thank...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 10 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Tanya Plibersek speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 605 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)