This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Susan Templeman voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Constituency Statements: Caffeine Toxicity, Bushfires (11 Sep 2019)
“On New Year's Day this year, after a night out with friends in Katoomba, 21-year-old Lachlan Foote headed home to Blackheath, gave his mum a great big hug and wished her a Happy New Year. He then mixed a teaspoon of caffeine powder into a protein shake. Without proper instructions, he didn't know that one teaspoon can be the equivalent of 25 to 50 cups of coffee. He didn't know that it would...”
- Bills: Aged Care Amendment (Movement of Provisionally Allocated Places) Bill 2019; Second Reading (10 Sep 2019)
“I rise to speak on this bill, the Aged Care Amendment (Movement of Provisionally Allocated Places) Bill 2019. It is such an important part of the responsibility we have as a parliament to make sure that those who have reached their latter years are treated with respect and dignity. What was really disappointing to see on today's speakers list though was that there is nobody on the other side,...”
- Statements by Members: Macquarie Electorate: Telecommunications (10 Sep 2019)
“The wind storms at the weekend have heightened fears for people who live in and around Bilpin. While fires burnt just across the mountains, they lost power and they lost phone coverage and, in the early hours of the morning, the backup batteries for the mobile phone tower died. So there was a group of people who had no communication whatsoever for more than 14 hours. As the Bilpin Rural Fire...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Susan Templeman speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 177 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)