This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Bills: Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Incentivising Pensioners to Downsize) Bill 2022; Second Reading (28 Sep 2022)
“I rise to the support the Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Incentivising Pensioners to Downsize) Bill 2022. This bill provides greater financial certainty to senior Australians looking to downsize by extending the existing assets test exemption for principal home sale proceeds which a person intends to use to purchase a new principal home from 12 to 24 months. This extends the...”
- Condolences: Webster, Hon. James Joseph (Jim) (27 Sep 2022)
“I rise to offer my condolences and to recognise the life and service of the Hon. James Joseph Webster, a senator for the state of Victoria from 1964 to 1980, a National and a fine example of leadership in public policy. Jim Webster joined the Young Country Party in 1940. Later, he was the junior vice-president and then the senior vice-president of the Victorian branch of the Country Party,...”
- Bills: Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Self-Employment Programs and Other Measures) Bill 2022; Second Reading (26 Sep 2022)
“I rise to speak in support of the Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Self-Employment Programs and Other Measures) Bill 2022. This legislation is about creating opportunity and fostering entrepreneurial spirit, which should be encouraged wherever possible—and opportunity was the theme of my maiden speech. The prosperity of my own electorate of Nicholls is founded on that...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Sam Birrell speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 4 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)