This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Sam Birrell MP
- National Party Representative for Nicholls
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 May 2022 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Sam Birrell speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Constituency Statements: Universities: Regional (23 Mar 2023)
“I rise to talk about regional universities. Regional universities are so important. Without them, I wouldn't be here. I had the good fortune to pursue a degree in agricultural science. Fortunately, thanks to the commitment of the University of Melbourne, that agricultural science degree was available in a place called Dookie in my electorate and I was able to study a Bachelor of Applied...”
- Statements by Members: Aged Care (21 Mar 2023)
“I rise to speak about aged care and at-home aged care. I note public comments from the aged-care minister that she won't be kicking down doors on 1 July to enforce mandatory 24/7 registered nursing care. Finally there is some recognition that you can't magic highly qualified nurses into existence. Finally those opposite are acknowledging that, in regional Australia, the pool of qualified...”
- Private Members' Business: Murray-Darling Basin (20 Mar 2023)
“I move: That this House: (1) notes that: (a) the October 2022 budget contained an undisclosed amount intended for water buybacks in the Murray-Darling Basin, and that confirmation of the Government's intention to recommence buybacks has already had an impact on the water market; (b) the country's largest water broker, Adelaide-based Waterfind, issued and then withdrew, an expression of...”
More of Sam Birrell's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Sam Birrell speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)