This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Rebekha Sharkie MP
- Centre Alliance Representative for Mayo
- Changed party from Nick Xenophon Team on 10 Apr 2018
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Rebekha Sharkie speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Constituency Statements: National Library of Australia: Trove (9 Mar 2023)
“In the past three months, many constituents have written to me expressing their deep concerns about losing access to Trove. These constituents have provided me with examples of how they utilise Trove for the resources and research and, in some cases, to produce historical content for their local community. I thought I'd share some of these important stories so we all have a really good...”
- Bills: Migration Amendment (Australia's Engagement in the Pacific and Other Measures) Bill 2023, Migration (Visa Pre-application Process) Charge Bill 2023; Second Reading (8 Mar 2023)
“I rise to speak on the Migration Amendment (Australia's Engagement in the Pacific and Other Measures) Bill 2023 and Migration (Visa Pre-application Process) Charge Bill 2023. Across the country, businesses are struggling to recruit enough employees to keep their operations alive. With rising costs in all sectors, the need for reliable, loyal employees willing to engage in work is vital. In my...”
- Bills: National Reconstruction Fund Corporation Bill 2022; Second Reading (8 Mar 2023)
“I rise to speak in support of the National Reconstruction Fund Corporation Bill 2022. This bill seeks increased inflows of finance into the Australian economy by financing businesses, state and territory governments and other entities through concessional loans, equity guarantees and a wide range of other financial instruments. The expenditure is significant and restricted to government...”
More of Rebekha Sharkie's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 85 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Rebekha Sharkie speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 376 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)