This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Petro Georgiou, former Representative
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (2010 Budget Measures) Bill 2010: Second Reading (3 Jun 2010)
“I was in the chamber to hear Kim Beazley’s brilliant valedictory speech. One of the distinctive things he did was to thank people at the beginning rather than at the end of the speech. Expressions of gratitude are too often truncated by time constraints, so I will emulate Kim’s example. One of the nice things in my case about getting older is that the black list shrinks while the...”
- Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2010-2011; Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2010-2011; Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2010-2011: Second Reading (26 May 2010)
“Did they keep their promise?”
- Independent National Security Legislation Monitor Bill 2010: Second Reading (18 Mar 2010)
“This is an important bill, and I am very grateful to be able to be here today to listen in person to the very insightful contributions of the member for Isaacs and the member for Pearce. I think they have contributed a lot to the debate—a debate which will continue for a while. The need to establish an independent reviewer of Australia’s counterterrorism legislation has long been...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)