This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Paul Fletcher MP
- Liberal Party Representative for Bradfield
- Shadow Minister for Government Services and the Digital Economy (since 5 Jun 2022)
Shadow Minister for Science and the Arts (since 5 Jun 2022)
Manager of Opposition Business in the House (since 5 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 5 December 2009 — Byelection
- Email me whenever Paul Fletcher speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions without Notice: Superannuation: Taxation (9 Mar 2023)
“My question is to the Assistant Treasurer and concerns the government's new super tax. Can the minister explain to the House whether the capital gains tax discount, ordinarily applicable for assets held within superannuation, is available for either realised or unrealised gains under the government's new super tax?”
- Questions without Notice: Climate Change (9 Mar 2023)
“Mr Speaker, I rise on a point of order. The question was: 'Why is the safeguard mechanism the preferred model for business and investors?' I'll give credit that it's a tight question, but there was no reference to the opposition and no reference to alternative policies. The Treasurer should be brought back to the question.”
- Matters of Public Importance: Economy (8 Mar 2023)
“r FLETCHER (—) (): Yesterday saw the 10th successive increase in interest rates. The cash rate is now 3.6 per cent compared to 0.35 per cent when the current government came to office, and, of course, the rate that most Australians are paying on their mortgage is much higher than that. On a typical mortgage the impact of the cumulative increases that we've seen since this government...”
More of Paul Fletcher's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 131 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 20 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Paul Fletcher speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 654 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)