This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Patrick Gorman voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Has never voted on decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Parliamentary Representation (3 Dec 2019)
“I completely reject the idea that Australians are or should be quiet. For us to do our work in this place, we need noisy, passionate and purposeful Australians. One of the joys of our work as parliamentarians is the powerful advocates we meet. They're powerful advocates like Micah at Voices for Justice, who has been in this building this week providing a voice to some of the poorest people in...”
- Statements by Members: Perth Electorate: Orana House (2 Dec 2019)
“On 7 November, I joined members of the Perth community for the 30-year anniversary of Orana House. At The Rise in Maylands, we celebrated one of the best services in our community that deals with one of the toughest things that anyone faces—that is, escaping domestic violence. To Mel, Reggie, the board and the team at Orana House: I want to congratulate you on your 30-year journey and...”
- Statements by Members: Climate Change (2 Dec 2019)
“Most people are raised to know that, when you make a mistake, you say sorry, but today is 10 years of the Greens political party refusing to say sorry for giving us a decade of inaction on climate change, helped by those in the Liberal Party and helped by those in the National Party—a coalition of inaction. It's an absolute disgrace. Ten years ago today this building was the scene of a...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Patrick Gorman speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)