This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Patrick Gorman voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Has never voted on more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Coalition Government (24 Jun 2021)
“We've had eight years of this government and three Prime Ministers and we've sworn in four Deputy Prime Ministers. Under this government, the flipping and the flopping just doesn't stop. They said that Tony Abbott was the best person to be Prime Minister. Then they flipped to Mr Turnbull, although, for the benefit of the member for Wentworth, they then flopped over to the member for Cook....”
- Constituency Statements: Perth Electorate (23 Jun 2021)
“The electorate of Perth will soon change. Following a redistribution we are going to welcome some other great Western Australian suburbs and Western Australian residents to the Perth electorate. Not everyone in this place welcomes a redistribution, but I welcome the new residents of the Perth electorate. These are iconic Western Australian suburbs that continue to reside on Boorloo, Whadjuk...”
- Bills: COVID-19 Disaster Payment (Funding Arrangements) Bill 2021; Second Reading (22 Jun 2021)
“I think the accusation thrown across the chamber at the member for Macnamara should be withdrawn.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Patrick Gorman speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)