This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Shortland
- Shadow Minister Assisting on Government Accountability (since 28 Jan 2021)
Shadow Minister for Government Accountability (House) (since 28 Jan 2021)
Shadow Minister for International Development and the Pacific (since 2 Jun 2019)
Shadow Minister Assisting for Climate Change (since 2 Jun 2019)
Shadow Minister Assisting for Defence (since 2 Jun 2019)
- Entered House of Representatives on 7 September 2013 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Pat Conroy speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: National Disability Insurance Scheme Amendment (Participant Service Guarantee and Other Measures) Bill 2021; Second Reading (30 Mar 2022)
“I'm pleased to make a contribution on the National Disability Insurance Scheme Amendment (Participant Service Guarantee and Other Measures) Bill 2021. My home, the Hunter region, was a pilot region for the NDIS in 2013, introduced by the Gillard-Rudd Labor governments. I always welcome the opportunity to speak on the NDIS because, unfortunately, it is one of the main issues my constituents...”
- Statements by Members: Shortland Electorate: Health (30 Mar 2022)
“The seat of Shortland is suffering a GP crisis because of the cuts by this awful government, which include cuts to the GP after-hours service and reclassification as an area of no longer having a GP shortage. What a disgrace! One hundred and forty-nine GP practices in our area are unable to get doctors. Last week, Brooke from Warners Bay told me that it's taking her seven weeks to get an...”
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2021-2022, Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2021-2022; Second Reading (16 Feb 2022)
“There is a rotating litany of defence ministers that come and go. Goldfish have a longer life expectancy than defence ministers in this government. They are spending $7 billion on new Black Hawk helicopters after spending $3½ billion on the MRH-90 failed Taipans, a helicopter where the door was not wide enough for troops to exit the helicopter while firing the helicopter machine gun. We...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Pat Conroy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 386 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)