This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Shortland
- Minister for International Development and the Pacific (since 1 Jun 2022)
Minister for Defence Industry (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 7 September 2013 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Pat Conroy speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: National Health Amendment (General Co-payment) Bill 2022; Second Reading (28 Sep 2022)
“This is my first address in the new parliament when you've been in the chair, Mr Deputy Speaker Goodenough, and I want to say how pleased I am that you're continuing on the Speaker's Panel—continuing to make a strong contribution to this parliament. I'm pleased to make a contribution on the National Health Amendment (General Co-payment) Bill 2022, a bill which will have a positive...”
- Governor-General's Speech: Address-in-Reply (26 Sep 2022)
“I want to congratulate you, Deputy Speaker Buchholz, in continuing on the Speaker's panel. Your knowledge and experience in this chamber is an asset to all of us. Your cooperation across the chamber when occasionally things don't go smoothly is appreciated. I'm pleased to make this contribution on the Governor-General's address-in-reply. This is the fourth time after an election I've had an...”
- Questions without Notice: PacificAus Sports (26 Sep 2022)
“I thank the member for Moreton for his excellent question. There is no greater champion of sport in this place than the member for Morton. If there's a parliamentary sport to be played, he is there. Sport brings the Pacific together. It's symbolic of our shared values, our history and our people-to-people connections. Some people in this House might have thought the most important sporting...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Pat Conroy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 391 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)