This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- National Party Representative for Cowper
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Social Services (since 5 Jun 2022)
Shadow Assistant Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence (since 5 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 18 May 2019 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Pat Conaghan speaks (no more than once per day)
- Private Members' Business: Elimination of Violence against Women (27 Nov 2023)
“I would like to thank the member for Newcastle for bringing forward this very important motion and for allowing me the opportunity to speak on it. This past Saturday, 25 November, was International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, commencing 16 days of activism against gender based violence. It is a poignant annual reminder that we need to do better as a society and better...”
- Statements by Members: Cowper Electorate: Regional Health (27 Nov 2023)
“In my electorate of Cowper, regional health has remained one of the top three issues since 2019. With the ever-present need for more GPs, paediatricians and specialists, the level of access to care in the regions is not improving. In fact, in many areas, it's actively getting worse. We need to listen to our professionals on the ground, those working in our medical centres, in hospitals and in...”
- Bills: Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Closing Loopholes) Bill 2023; Second Reading (15 Nov 2023)
“I'm pleased to rise for the very first time to speak on this bill— An honourable member: Are you sure? I'm positive! The focus of any workplace relations change should be to add more certainty for workers, to streamline processes, to be easily understood by business owners and employees alike, and, ultimately, to create more jobs and higher productivity. In my view, the Fair Work...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Pat Conaghan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 168 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)