This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Meryl Swanson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2020-2021, Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2020-2021, Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2020-2021; Second Reading (28 Oct 2020)
“During my campaign for the seat of Paterson in 2016, the Turnbull government talked a big game. They tried to show up and tell the newly redistributed areas of Neath, Weston, Abermain, Kurri Kurri, Beresfield, Thornton and Tarro that they mattered and that the coalition would deliver for our region. They suggested that a coalition government would make good on election commitments, building...”
- Adjournment: Child Care (21 Oct 2020)
“Forty-seven years ago a little girl went along to preschool. She used to cry and say to her mother: 'Mum, why do you send me there? You don't work. Can't I just stay at home with you?' And her mother said, 'Because it's good for you.' That little girl was me. As the months and years went by—a couple of years at preschool—I learned to love preschool. Just a couple of months ago I...”
- Statements by Members: Paterson Electorate: Health Care (21 Oct 2020)
“() (): Last week I met with Michelle Hudson and Donna White who are the hard-working management team at Shoal Bay and Anna Bay Providence Medical practice. They are at the end of their tether. Issues effecting every medical practice across the Tomaree peninsula were at the top of their list of things that they need addressed by this health minister. The single biggest issue that they raised...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Meryl Swanson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 148 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)