This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Kingsford Smith
- Former Australian Labor Party Senator for NSW
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation (since 28 Jan 2021)
Shadow Assistant Minister for the Republic (since 2 Jun 2019)
- Entered the Senate on 1 July 2011 — Federal election
- Entered House of Representatives on 7 September 2013 — Federal election
- Left Senate on 9 August 2013 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Matt Thistlethwaite speaks (no more than once per day)
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (30 Mar 2022)
“This morning, a number of Labor members and I went to the front lawn of parliament to meet with aged-care workers. They're here in Canberra to protest their lousy wages and conditions and the neglect of their industry by the Morrison government. These people—predominantly women—are Morrison's forgotten Australians. They perform one of the most important roles in our society,...”
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (Cyclone and Flood Damage Reinsurance Pool) Bill 2022; Second Reading (17 Feb 2022)
“Labor supports the Treasury Laws Amendment (Cyclone and Flood Damage Reinsurance Pool) Bill 2022. Home and contents, small business and strata insurance has become more expensive and unaffordable in parts of Australia, particularly in areas that are at risk of damage from cyclones and flooding associated with the increasing risk of climate change. That's putting pressure on household budgets...”
- Bills: Crimes Legislation Amendment (Ransomware Action Plan) Bill 2022; Second Reading (17 Feb 2022)
“I move: That the debate be adjourned.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — below average amongst Senators.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Matt Thistlethwaite speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 568 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 117 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)