This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Kingsford Smith
- Former Australian Labor Party Senator for NSW
- Assistant Minister for Defence (since 1 Jun 2022)
Assistant Minister for Veterans’ Affairs (since 1 Jun 2022)
Assistant Minister for the Republic (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered the Senate on 1 July 2011 — Federal election
- Entered House of Representatives on 7 September 2013 — Federal election
- Left Senate on 9 August 2013 — Resigned
- Email me whenever Matt Thistlethwaite speaks (no more than once per day)
- Constituency Statements: Kingsford Smith Electorate: Community Events (27 Nov 2023)
“On Friday I was proud to join the La Perouse community for the launch of Catch 'n' Cook, a short movie about cultural fishing in the La Perouse Aboriginal community in Sydney. It is a video that was put together by Sarah Martin and Peter Cooley from First Hand Solutions, and it's a documentary that tells the story of the revitalisation of the community mullet catch on Bidjigal land in La...”
- Bills: Counter-Terrorism and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2023; Third Reading (19 Oct 2023)
“by leave—I move: That this bill be now read a third time. Question agreed to. Bill read a third time.”
- Bills: Counter-Terrorism and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2023; Consideration in Detail (19 Oct 2023)
“I present the supplementary explanatory memorandum to the bill, and I ask leave of the House to move government amendments (1) and (2), as circulated, together. Leave granted. I move government amendments (1) and (2) together: (1) Schedule 1, page 3 (line 4), omit the heading, substitute: Part 1 — Prescribed security zones and other matters Crimes Act 1914 (2) Schedule 1, page 6 (after...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — below average amongst Senators.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Matt Thistlethwaite speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 617 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 117 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)