This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Matt Keogh voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (Enhancing Whistleblower Protections) Bill 2018; Second Reading (18 Feb 2019)
“The banking royal commission has unveiled myriad banking and financial sector scandals that will change the face of banking in Australia forever. It was financial whistleblowers who exposed the corrupt practices at banks and financial institutions, including insurers, that led to the realisation of the need for a royal commission in the first place—a royal commission that this...”
- Private Members' Business: India (18 Feb 2019)
“We Western Australians find ourselves an extra hour behind our east coast neighbours for half the year, but we also find ourselves in around the same time zone as some of the most dynamic regions and areas of the world—China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and many of our neighbours to the north. Among the unique advantages presented by our global orientation is that we share our Indian...”
- Adjournment: Western Australia: Bushfires, Burt Electorate (13 Feb 2019)
“Last week an out-of-control bushfire started near Tonkin Highway in the City of Armadale, causing the evacuation of hundreds of residents across Forrestdale, Harrisdale and Piara Waters, closing schools, and burning more than 150 hectares of land. I'd like to thank the around 200 volunteer and career firefighters who worked in very challenging conditions for days to get the fire contained and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Matt Keogh speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 144 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)