This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Madeleine King voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Official Development Assistance Multilateral Replenishment Obligations (Special Appropriation) Bill 2019; Second Reading (5 Dec 2019)
“I second the amendment and reserve my right to speak. Debate adjourned.”
- Statements by Members: Brand Electorate: Infrastructure (27 Nov 2019)
“If ever the people of Rockingham, from Singleton to Golden Bay, Secret Harbour, Baldivis, Port Kennedy and Warnbro needed any reminding that the Liberal Party of this country and the Morrison Liberal government do not care about them, just have a look at the recent infrastructure announcements. There was not a single federal government cent for any infrastructure in Brand. Not a single cent....”
- Governor General's Speech: (27 Nov 2019)
“I'll take that interjection from the member for Bruce. He always supports me. He always has, ever since we met in 2016. I'm very grateful for your support.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Madeleine King speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 144 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)