This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Madeleine King MP
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Brand
- Minister for Northern Australia (since 1 Jun 2022)
Minister for Resources (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Madeleine King speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions without Notice: National Reconstruction Fund (7 Mar 2023)
“I thank the member for Hasluck for her great question and I thank her for the work she's doing here in this place. Mr Speaker, as you know and as we all know, Australia is rich with valuable, critical resources, and they represent an incredible opportunity not just for our nation but for, indeed, the whole world. Our critical minerals and rare earth elements are essential for net zero...”
- Questions without Notice: National Reconstruction Fund (16 Feb 2023)
“I thank the member for Swan for her excellent question. The importance of value-adding in resources is something she's well aware of. Of course, the nickel industry, which her father worked for in Kambalda, has been transformed by the world's demand for batteries—as well as all our other critical minerals that go into those batteries. We as a government are delivering action on climate...”
- Questions without Notice: Mining Industry (15 Feb 2023)
“I thank the member for Lingiari for her question, and for her commitment to the resources sector. I am asked by her about certainty in that sector and threats to it. For 10 long years, as you know, Mr Speaker, our resources sector was consistently let down by the former government, now those opposite. Those opposite denied climate change and any action on it. And what did they fail to do?...”
More of Madeleine King's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Madeleine King speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 230 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)