This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Madeleine King voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Australia: 2020 (10 Dec 2020)
“As we near the end of one of the most extraordinary years that many of us have ever experienced, I'd like to reflect on some of the highs and lows of 2020—which will surely be a year to remember. In doing so, I want to thank the people of Western Australia, particularly those in my seat of Brand, across the communities of Rockingham and Kwinana. A lifetime ago, in January, the bushfires...”
- Bills: Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Amendment Bill 2020; Second Reading (10 Dec 2020)
“I second the amendment and reserve my right to speak.”
- Bills: Wine Australia Amendment (Label Directory) Bill 2019; Second Reading (9 Dec 2020)
“One. That's one out of 90. I thank the member for Bruce. He's read the report; I know he's read the report. I've read the report, but no-one in the government seems to have done so. An honourable member interjecting— Impressive? It's not impressive at all. There were 90 recommendations. One out of 90 is just over one per cent. It's a report that was issued 2½ years ago and this is...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Madeleine King speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 170 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)