This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Luke Gosling voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Has never voted on increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Northover, Lieutenant Cecil Ernest (4 Apr 2019)
“On the day before Anzac Day at the Gardens Cemetery in Darwin we will dedicate the newly installed headstone of the grave of Territorian Cecil Ernest Northover MC. Cecil Northover served Australia in both world wars. He enlisted in Perth and fought in Gallipoli. He then he fought in the trenches of France and Belgium. He was awarded the Military Cross in May of 1918 for conspicuous gallantry...”
- Bills: Australian Veterans' Recognition (Putting Veterans and their Families First) Bill 2019; Second Reading (3 Apr 2019)
“Now that this parliament is witnessing perhaps the final days of the Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison government, it's timely to look back over the past three years that I've been here and reflect on what has been achieved and on the opportunities that have been lost. We have seen the cuts and chaos of this hopelessly divided coalition government continue apace whilst, at the same time, we've seen a...”
- Condolences: Christchurch: Attacks (3 Apr 2019)
“A little over two weeks ago the world was completely shocked and heartbroken at the horror that we saw unfold in Christchurch, New Zealand. We express our deep sympathy to the victims—those that were wounded and may still be in hospital, the friends and family of those lost—and to the people of New Zealand more generally, and we share in their sorrow. As I'm sure others have said,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 106 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Luke Gosling speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 170 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)