This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Luke Gosling voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Has never voted on increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Constituency Statements: Parrott, Mr Charlie, Chin, Mr Ronald 'Ronnie', Bayley, Mr Waldo (25 Feb 2021)
“I want to congratulate everyone who was involved with the bombing of Darwin commemoration last week. It was great to have the Minister for Veterans' Affairs come up to Darwin to take part in that very important commemoration. Next year is the 80th anniversary. Reflecting on those who have served, we have some extraordinary veterans in the NT. 7 February was a big day this year—a happy...”
- Adjournment: (22 Feb 2021)
“I am happy to second the motion, but, if the Member for Dawson would like to speak to my motion, I'm happy to extend by five minutes. I would be hate to be accused of gagging the Member for Dawson, free spirit that he is. But that said, I second the motion. Question agreed to. Federation Chamber adjourned at 19:25”
- Private Members' Business: Defence and Veteran Suicide Prevention (22 Feb 2021)
“I am very proud to second this motion, and I won't stop championing a royal commission for defence and veteran suicide no matter how much spin those in the federal government throw out there. I need to make it really clear, though, that more needs to be done now. That much we can all agree on. More needs to be done now, and we must commit the resources to doing what we need to do to keep our...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Luke Gosling speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 281 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)