This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Luke Gosling voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Has never voted on increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Indonesian Republic: 76th Anniversary (31 Aug 2021)
“'Indonesian Tangguh, Indonesia Tumbuh, Dirgahayu ke-Tujuh Puluh Enam, Selamat Indonesia Merdeka.' Indonesia tough, Indonesia growing, 76 years of independence, congratulations to Indonesia. The Australia Indonesia Business Council NT branch held a gala dinner on the weekend marking the 76th anniversary of the Indonesian republic. Unfortunately, being stuck here in lockdown, obviously I wasn't...”
- Bills: Defence Legislation Amendment (Discipline Reform) Bill 2021; Second Reading (30 Aug 2021)
“During question time we heard about the deaths of two soldiers near Townsville, so I want to send my condolences to those soldiers' families and their mates, because they will obviously be doing it very tough at the moment. This bill, the Defence Legislation Amendment (Discipline Reform) Bill 2021, is about our ADF. Whether it be on operations, as we have seen in the last week or so, or...”
- Statements by Members: NT Working Women's Centre (26 Aug 2021)
“A petition has launched today calling for the federal government to commit to stable, ongoing funding for the NT Working Women's Centre, which I'm very pleased to support. Those opposite cut the centre's funding, and it's been hanging on by a thread all year. Thanks to the NT government stepping in with emergency funding, the centre survived, but if it doesn't get more it'll have to start...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 97 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Luke Gosling speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 318 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)