This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Luke Gosling voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Has never voted on increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Australian Defence Force: Mental Health (5 Dec 2019)
“This Christmas over 400 veterans' families will have empty seats at their tables either because theirs was one of at least 419 serving or former serving veterans who have taken their lives since 2001 or because their loved ones are lost in some other way. As we, members and senators in this place, enjoy Christmas with our loved ones, we should offer more than thoughts and prayers to those too...”
- Adjournment: Veterans (3 Dec 2019)
“When Australians enlist in the Australian Defence Force, they swear that they will well and truly serve Her Majesty the Queen. They swear that they will resist her enemies and that they will faithfully discharge their duty according to law. And they swear that they will uphold the values of trust, loyalty and respect for Australia and for each other. In October in the last sitting block, this...”
- Condolences: Humphreys, Hon. Benjamin Charles, AM (3 Dec 2019)
“It's a great privilege to rise to honour the memory of Ben Humphreys, the former member for Griffith and a man whose integrity this House has recalled since his passing last month. In recent weeks, we have heard touching bipartisan tributes to Ben's character. Ben's successor in the seat of Griffith, Kevin Rudd, released a statement in which he expressed gratitude for his mentor's support....”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Luke Gosling speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 204 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)