This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Llew O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Has never voted on more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: National Consumer Credit Protection Amendment (Supporting Economic Recovery) Bill 2020; Second Reading (25 Feb 2021)
“The original question was that this bill be now read a second time. To this the honourable member for Whitlam has moved as an amendment that all words after 'That' be omitted with a view to substituting other words. The question now is that the words proposed to be omitted stand part of the question.”
- Committees: Northern Australia Committee; Membership (25 Feb 2021)
“The Speaker has received a message from the Senate informing the House of changes to the membership of the Joint Standing Committee on Northern Australia. As the list is a lengthy one, I do not propose to read it to the House. Details will be recorded in the Votes and Proceedings.”
- Committees: Membership (25 Feb 2021)
“The Speaker has received advice from the Chief Opposition Whip nominating members to be members of certain committees.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 136 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Llew O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 131 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)