This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Llew O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Has never voted on more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility Amendment (Extension and Other Measures) Bill 2021; Consideration in Detail (25 Mar 2021)
“The question now is that the bill be agreed to. Bill agreed to.”
- Matters of Public Importance: Australian Interests (25 Mar 2021)
“The discussion has concluded.”
- Statements by Members: Mental Health (25 Mar 2021)
“We need to do more to recognise the real mental health impacts of the very dangerous and taxing work performed by our first responders. I believe that we have a responsibility in this place to break down the stigma associated with mental ill health. That's why, when calling for a royal commission into veteran suicide this week, I spoke about the nightmare of suicide for victims' families and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 156 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Llew O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 141 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)