This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Llew O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Infrastructure (5 Dec 2019)
“My question is to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development. I am confident about Australia's future. Will the Deputy Prime Minister outline to the House how the Morrison-McCormack government is working to make it even better by delivering $100 billion of infrastructure? Is the Deputy Prime Minister aware of any alternative approaches?”
- Statements by Members: Wide Bay Electorate (4 Dec 2019)
“It is a great honour to represent Wide Bay in the 46th Parliament, and I deeply respect the great responsibility the voters of Wide Bay have given me. I couldn't do this work without the love and support of my family, who are always in my corner, are always backing me up and give me the will to continue on some days—but none more so than my beautiful little granddaughter Penny, who is...”
- Statements by Members: Riding for the Disabled Maryborough (2 Dec 2019)
“Recently, when I visited Riding for the Disabled Maryborough, I had the great pleasure of seeing kids from Maryborough Special School on their horses. They absolutely beamed as they rode around. Witnessing the joy they derive from this program is truly moving. I commend Noel Ryan and his team of 30-odd volunteers for the great job they do. This program makes a world of difference to people...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Llew O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)