This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Llew O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Wide Bay Electorate (22 Oct 2019)
“Maryborough has a rich military history which is being honoured through a range of projects that tell the story of the city's involvement in the Great War. I was pleased to recently open the new murals at the Maryborough RSL painted by a local artist Robbyn Gergos to commemorate the armistice ending the First World War in 1918. These murals reflect the service and sacrifice of the Australian...”
- Private Members' Business: Black Spot Program (21 Oct 2019)
“I move: That this House: (1) notes the important, practical contribution the Black Spot Program makes in addressing the nation's road toll under the National Road Safety Action Plan 2018-2020; (2) recognises the need for the Government to continue to invest in the Black Spot Program to improve road safety and reduce the death toll; (3) commends the Government for putting road safety at the...”
- Petitions: Petitions Committee; Report (21 Oct 2019)
“I present the fifth report of the Petitions Committee for the 46th Parliament together with seven petitions, 37 ministerial responses, and two petitions previously presented. I previously informed the House of recent enhancements made to the e-petitioning system. These enhancements have simplified online petitioning and made sharing petitions through social media more intuitive. We have now...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Llew O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 73 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)