This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Llew O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Wide Bay Electorate: Sport (14 Feb 2019)
“Last week I visited the Maryborough and District Hockey Association, to meet with President Tony Quaill, the committee and their talented players and to announce a $426,000 investment by the Liberal-National government through the Community Sport Infrastructure program. Maryborough has a proud hockey tradition, and the grant will be used to upgrade Maryborough hockey's indoor sports centre...”
- Adjournment: Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry (14 Feb 2019)
“As one of the National Party members who helped bring about the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry, I sincerely thank the commissioner, Justice Kenneth Hayne, for his work. The Hayne royal commission was comprehensive, conducting seven rounds of public hearings over 68 days, calling more than 130 witnesses, and reviewing more than...”
- Adjournment: Wide Bay Electorate: Infrastructure (12 Feb 2019)
“I'd like to reflect on some of the key achievements and the progress that we have made in Wide Bay in the past 12 months or so. Safer roads save lives, and, since being elected, I've worked with families, emergency services, local media, local councils, road safety groups and the broader community to highlight the need to fix the Bruce Highway from Cooroy to Maryborough. Our joint efforts...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Llew O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)