This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Llew O'Brien voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Wide Bay Electorate: Rotary Club of Noosa Heads (21 Feb 2019)
“The 50th anniversary of the Rotary Club of Noosa Heads is approaching. To mark this special occasion, I want to pay tribute to everyone who has been associated with the club for their fantastic work that they do, not only in Noosa but nationally and internationally. It's an extraordinary record of achievement, from helping farmers in drought to assisting flood victims, supporting local events...”
- Constituency Statements: Dairy Industry (20 Feb 2019)
“I welcome the end of Woolworths' $1 milk price. While 20c more for a two-litre bottle of milk is only a very small change, it's a huge change for dairy farmers and it's a massive change for the milk industry. Woolworths has acted responsibly by moving the $1 milk price cap, helping dairy farmers to get a better return for their product. Many people said it wouldn't be done and that $1 milk...”
- Statements by Members: Wide Bay Electorate: Sport (14 Feb 2019)
“Last week I visited the Maryborough and District Hockey Association, to meet with President Tony Quaill, the committee and their talented players and to announce a $426,000 investment by the Liberal-National government through the Community Sport Infrastructure program. Maryborough has a proud hockey tradition, and the grant will be used to upgrade Maryborough hockey's indoor sports centre...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Llew O'Brien speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)