This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Linda Burney MP
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Barton
- Minister for Indigenous Australians (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Linda Burney speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions without Notice: Australian Constitution: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice (23 Mar 2023)
“I think the member for Lingiari for her question. This is truly a really great day for this nation. Last night the Senate passed the referendum machinery bill with bipartisan support, and just a few hours ago the Prime Minister announced the wording of the constitutional amendment and the question that will be put to Australians at the referendum. That question is: A proposed law: to alter...”
- Committees: Privileges and Members' Interests Committee, Selection Committee, Electoral Matters Joint Committee, Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Joint Committee, Human Rights Joint Committee, Public Accounts and Audit Joint Committee; Membership (22 Mar 2023)
“by leave—I move: That Members be discharged and appointed as members of certain committees in accordance with the following list: Committee of Privileges and Members' Interests—Mr Chester be discharged from the committee. Selection Committee—Mr Bandt be discharged and Mr Bates be appointed a member. Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters—Mr Chester be discharged...”
- Constituency Statements: New South Wales State Election (21 Mar 2023)
“This Saturday New South Wales has a chance to vote for a fresh start by electing a Minns Labor government. After 12 long years, four Liberal premiers, endless corruption scandals and political infighting it's time for a fresh start in New South Wales. Chris Minns and his Labor team are offering that fresh start. I have the honour of representing the federal electorate of Barton, and I work...”
More of Linda Burney's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Linda Burney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)