This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Kristy McBain voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Constituency Statements: Regional Australia (25 Feb 2021)
“The opportunities that come from our experience with drought, bushfire and COVID-19 need to inspire our efforts to recover, renew and rebuild. The challenge now is to build on that and cement those experiences into our long-term response. The pandemic has shifted the way people want to live and work—just talk to any regional real estate agent. Demands for homes to buy or rent or land to...”
- Bills: National Collecting Institutions Legislation Amendment Bill 2020; Second Reading (25 Feb 2021)
“I second the amendment and reserve my right to speak.”
- Bills: International Women's Day (22 Feb 2021)
“In March every year we mark International Women's Day, the day to celebrate women. It's a day to acknowledge the immense contribution women make to our economy, our society and our lives. It's a day to recognise how far we've come. Once women couldn't vote, and now we're leading countries. We once faced restrictions on where we worked, and now we're running corporations. We have rights our...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Kristy McBain speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)