This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Kristy McBain voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Private Members' Business: Regional Australia (12 May 2021)
“I rise to speak on this motion and thank the member for Indi for bringing it to the chamber. Members of this place who have the joy of living in a regional community, as I do, know that whatever steps we take towards recovery must be focused on our regions. We also know that, for any recovery to be effective, it can't be based on how to win the next election or how to solve the next political...”
- Adjournment: Parliament House: Staff (24 Mar 2021)
“What a week! Or, should I say, what a month! Is it just me, or does it feel like Thursday night? The reality is that it's only Wednesday night. The other harsh reality is that the distress caused over the last four or five weeks by the sickening conduct by some in this place has been laid bare. Light is a disinfectant, and as hard as the news has been to hear and as hard as this is for...”
- Statements by Members: Veterans (23 Mar 2021)
“The grey skies of Monday suited the mood as veterans from Jerrabomberra, Cooma, Bega and beyond gathered on the lawns in front of this place. Those women and men slept easier last night knowing that a motion calling for a .royal commission into veteran suicide passed the House of Representatives unopposed. For too long we have been aware that the suicide rate amongst our veterans is nearly...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Kristy McBain speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)