This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for McPherson
- Shadow Minister for Home Affairs (since 5 Jun 2022)
Shadow Minister for Child Protection and the Prevention of Family Violence (since 5 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Karen Andrews speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: Cybersecurity (27 Sep 2022)
“My question is to the Acting Prime Minister and it concerns the Optus data breach. On ABC 7.30 last night the Minister for Home Affairs said: What is of concern for us is how what is quite a basic attack was undertaken on Optus. The Optus CEO this morning said, 'It's not as portrayed. Our data was encrypted and we have multiple layers of protection.' Does your government maintain that the...”
- Bills: Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment (AFP Powers and Other Matters) Bill 2022; Second Reading (27 Sep 2022)
“I rise today to speak on the Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment (AFP Powers and Other Matters) Bill 2022. The threat of terrorism continues to evolve globally and for Australia. Disruption associated with the pandemic has seen the emergence of new conspiratorial narratives, some of which may provide false justification for violent activities. In 2022, as we continue to emerge from the...”
- Motions: Police Week (26 Sep 2022)
“I move: That this House: (1) recognises that 17 September 2022 is the start of National Police Week, which culminates with National Police Remembrance Day on 29 September 2022; (2) acknowledges the crucial, and often challenging and dangerous, work that the men and women of our state and federal police do on a daily basis; (3) remembers those police who have lost their lives in the line of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 17 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Karen Andrews speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 431 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)