This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Josh Wilson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Coalition Government (10 Dec 2020)
“I am looking forward for 2021. It has been a difficult year. I know many Australians have had a very rough time. People have lost their jobs, people have been managing chronic ill health or disability. There are families who have been separated and Australians stranded overseas. I look forward to next year because I hope and I believe it can be better than 2020. Australia should emerge...”
- Bills: Wine Australia Amendment (Label Directory) Bill 2019; Second Reading (9 Dec 2020)
“I'm glad to make some comments on the Wine Australia Amendment (Label Directory) Bill 2019, which we support. It makes some positive changes so that copyright and brand protection are given greater security. It's something the wine industry has wanted. It's welcomed by the wine industry, as was said when this was introduced. It's adding one more tool to Wine Australia's export controls...”
- Committees: Standing Committee on Industry, Innovation, Science and Resources; Report (9 Dec 2020)
“I'm glad to make some remarks on the tabling of the report of the Standing Committee on Industry, Innovation, Science and Resources, Fromrubbish to resources: Building a circular economy, and I thank the member for Higgins and other members of the committee, including the deputy chair, the member for Cunningham, and the member for Moreton, for their work. It's true to say that reviewing the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Josh Wilson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 163 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)