This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Josh Wilson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Western Australia: Broadband (11 Sep 2019)
“NBN infrastructure is crucial for families and businesses in WA and across Australia. It's crucial for sustaining the jobs of the future and for essential services in education and health. Western Australia is the largest and most remote state, separated from the rest of the country by enormous distance and by time difference. We need competitive and high-quality broadband connectivity to...”
- Private Members' Business: World Ranger Day (9 Sep 2019)
“I'm glad to speak to this motion, and I thank the member for Leichhardt for bringing it forward as a matter for discussion. It should really go without saying that the preservation of Australia's environmental values is critical for our future. I'm pleased to see both sides of this place acknowledging the importance of real conservation work at a time of accelerating environmental damage....”
- Matters of Public Importance: Morrison Government (1 Aug 2019)
“The very quiet Australians!”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Josh Wilson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)