This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Josh Wilson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Constituency Statements: Fremantle Electorate: Health and Hospitals, Fremantle Electorate: Education (4 Apr 2019)
“The people I represent in Fremantle, East Fremantle and Cockburn know that the most important things are the public goods and services we create and share together: our schools, our parks and coastal reserves and our public health system. That's why I'm so pleased that Labor is committed to providing $5 million for an urgent-care clinic at Fremantle Hospital as part of Labor's $2.8 billion...”
- Delegation Reports: Australian Parliamentary Delegation to Romania (3 Apr 2019)
“I present the report of the Australian Parliamentary Delegation's bilateral visit to Romania from 8 to 13 October 2018 and its attendance at the 139th assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union held in Geneva, Switzerland, from 14 to 18 October 2018, and I ask leave of the House to make a short statement in connection with the report. Leave granted. I'm glad of the opportunity to make some...”
- Adjournment: Tourism Industry, Broadband, Hobson, Mr Ted (21 Feb 2019)
“I take the opportunity to reflect on a few things that have occurred over the last couple of weeks. I'm very glad to have the role and responsibility of being the convenor of Labor Friends of Tourism. Last night we held an event here in the parliament with a number of representatives and stakeholders from the tourism industry, and we had a very useful and instructive panel. The featured...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Josh Wilson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 97 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)