This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Josh Wilson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Private Members' Business: Taxation (22 Jul 2019)
“I'm glad to speak to the motion, which I guess is a kind of trumpet-blowing exercise. It's the first motion brought by the member for Bass; I offer my congratulations on her election. If it were me, I wouldn't be drawing attention to the fact that the government only has one piece of economic policy, and they've already bungled it. On this side, we have been clear in saying that tax cuts...”
- Private Members' Business: Trade (22 Jul 2019)
“I am glad for the opportunity to speak on the motion and I thank the member for Fairfax for bringing it. There is no dispute that trade is vital to Australia; we're a trading nation and it is core to our economic wellbeing. It plays an important role in our global and regional engagement. Fair and free trade is in our national interest, is consistent with our values and, done well, should be...”
- Constituency Statements: Fremantle Electorate: Infrastructure (22 Jul 2019)
“I recently joined members of the Cockburn Community Wildlife Corridor crew to look at the work they've been doing to regenerate banksia woodland in the Beeliar wetlands. As part of that effort, I want to acknowledge the hundreds of people who turned out the weekend before last to undertake replanting in the bush corridor that was knocked over by the Barnett government in its dying days. That...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Josh Wilson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 97 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)