This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Josh Wilson voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Garlett, Reverend Sealin (4 Dec 2019)
“I take this opportunity to express gratitude for the life of Reverend Sealin Garlett, who died last week. Reverend Garlett was a Ballardong Whadjuk man of the Nyungar nation in Western Australia and a leader in my community. At the age of seven he was taken from his family, with two siblings, to the Mogumber Methodist Mission. He suffered the dislocation from family and culture that was a...”
- Bills: Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Amendment (Enhancing Australia's Anti-Doping Capability) Bill 2019; Second Reading (3 Dec 2019)
“I second the amendment and reserve my right to speak. Debate interrupted.”
- Matters of Public Importance: Economy (3 Dec 2019)
“I think it's fair to observe that there's a substantial gulf between not panicking and being completely comatose. There's substantial room for action between not panicking—which we're being told the government is not doing every day—and just lying face down in the dirt. You can describe lying face down in the dirt, dead to the world, as 'not panicking' all you like. But the casual...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Josh Wilson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 110 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)