This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
John Alexander, former Representative
- Former Liberal Party Representative for Bennelong
- Left House of Representatives on 21 May 2022 — retired
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Statements on Indulgence: Commonwealth Integrity Commission (17 Feb 2022)
“I thank the member for Indi for bringing this forward and my colleague. A properly working parliament requires trust, honesty and integrity. It is clear that our standing in the public has taken a bashing, because these key attributes are in question. Between the scandals that have plagued all governments over the past few decades and the chaos that people see in question time and on the...”
- Private Members' Business: Fuel (14 Feb 2022)
“I'd like to thank the members for Kennedy and Clark for bringing this debate forward today. Fuel security has always been important, but these are probably the most fraught times for this since the seventies. Aside from the more protectionist nature of trade today and the implications on tariffs at international borders, the pandemic has tightened supply lines, and a single container ship...”
- Parliamentary Representation: Valedictory (10 Feb 2022)
“And he is not a bad tennis player either! He tells me his golf is something special! I rise here today to speak as a result of a strange series of events and a great number of people who have initiated, cajoled, encouraged, mentored and worked with me to win back Bennelong, hold it through five campaigns and engage in work to address challenges where answers must be found. I've often been...”
More of John Alexander's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 14 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 442 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)