This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Blaxland
- Shadow Minister for Housing and Homelessness (since 2 Jun 2019)
Shadow Minister for Regional Services, Territories and Local Government (since 2 Jun 2019)
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 November 2007 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Jason Clare speaks (no more than once per day)
- Statements by Members: Collins, Mr Albert (Bert) (14 Feb 2022)
“I rise to farewell my old friend Bert Collins. Bert was 105. He would have turned 106 next month. He was a lover and a fighter. Bert loved ballroom dancing, and he was good at it. He won plenty of tournaments. He loved making music boxes. He made one for my little boy Jack. He loved talking—and boy did he have the gift of the gab!—and he loved Peggy, the woman he waltzed around...”
- Parliamentary Representation: Valedictory (10 Feb 2022)
“on indulgence—This morning we have been fortunate to hear three very personal, important and inspiring speeches. There has been a common thread that has run through all of those speeches, in Drummy's, in JA's and in the Bulldog's. For all three of these men who have served this parliament, all three would struggle to find an enemy on either that side or on this side of the House. You...”
- Adjournment: Blaxland Electorate: COVID-19 (2 Dec 2021)
“This is my last speech in this place for this year. I want to dedicate it to the many people in my local community who helped us to get through what has been a really tough year. The people whom I have the privilege to represent here in the Australian parliament were hit harder by the lockdown this year than those in any other part of Sydney. It's where more people than anywhere else lost...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Jason Clare speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 333 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)