This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How James Stevens voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Morrison Government (5 Dec 2019)
“My question is to the Prime Minister: We live in the best country in the world, and I am confident about Australia's future. Will the Prime Minister advise the House how the Morrison government is getting on with the job of securing Australia's future?”
- Adjournment: Roads (4 Dec 2019)
“I've reported to the House in the past about the $100 billion congestion-busting infrastructure fund that this government has. One of the great projects in my electorate of Sturt is the Portrush Road and Magill Road intersection—a $90 million upgrade. I was lucky enough to have Minister Tudge visit the site a few weeks ago where we had early contractors undertaking some of the important...”
- Statements by Members: Meucke, Dr James (4 Dec 2019)
“I rise today to pay tribute to Dr James Meucke, who has been recently announced as the South Australian of the Year. This is the third time I've been on my feet in the last couple of hours, so I'm grateful I've lasted this long. I thank the chamber for the leniency. Dr Meucke is a very famous South Australian ophthalmologist—eye surgeon, to assist those opposite—but it's not for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever James Stevens speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 14 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)