This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Jackie Kelly, former Representative
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Jackie Kelly voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing competition in bulk wheat export. votes
- Voted very strongly for regional processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against stem cell research. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against extending government benefits to same-sex couples. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing availability of abortion drugs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Defence Legislation Amendment Bill 2007: Second Reading (19 Sep 2007)
“It is with great interest that I speak on the Defence Legislation Amendment Bill 2007. As a former legal officer in the defence forces I have watched a number of Defence matters now from both sides, within the military and subsequently from within the government. To give you one example, when I was first elected I was on the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Environment,...”
- Questions without Notice: Dental Health (18 Sep 2007)
“Mr Speaker, I rise on a point of order. The member is misleading the House. It is a point of parliamentary record—”
- Grievance Debate: Valedictory (17 Sep 2007)
“Valedictory speeches are always hard. It is a time to thank people who have been involved in your career—its highs, its lows, it achievements and its mistakes. However, after nearly 12 years of campaigning in Lindsay, my list of thankyous is so long I dare not start in case I forget someone from the electorate, this place, my family or friends, or anywhere else. But I know who they are...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.