This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (Energy Price Relief Plan) Bill 2022; Second Reading (15 Dec 2022)
“Power bills make up a big part of household budgets in Indi. Our weekly median income is just $736, almost $70 less than the Australian average. That is why I welcome a cap on gas prices at $12 a gigajoule for 12 months. I welcome this bill. But make no mistake, this is still a very high price to pay for gas, arguably too high. But we know that, without this intervention, gas prices will...”
- Bills: National Anti-Corruption Commission Bill 2022; Consideration of Senate Message (30 Nov 2022)
“I rise in support of these amendments and, indeed, in support of the National Anti-Corruption Commission Bill 2022. I want to place on the record my very strong congratulations of the Attorney-General, the Prime Minister and the government on bringing this historic reform to our nation. Much has been said—and, indeed, I think I promised a week or so ago that I would not have anything...”
- Motions: Member for Cook; Censure (30 Nov 2022)
“This is a grave motion, and I don't take this debate lightly. Every parliament is charged with enormous responsibility. Prime ministers and ministers carry more responsibility than many of the rest of us. Every parliament faces a set of circumstances under which they must operate, and there's no question that the former parliament found itself with many extraordinary circumstances. But with...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Helen Haines speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 201 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)