This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Harry Jenkins, former Representative
- Former Australian Labor Party Representative for Scullin
- Changed party from Speaker on 24 Nov 2011; from Australian Labor Party on 11 Feb 2008; from Deputy-Speaker on 29 Jan 1996; from Australian Labor Party on 4 May 1993
- Left House of Representatives on 5 August 2013 — retired
- Entered House of Representatives on 8 February 1986 — Byelection
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions to the Speaker: Parliamentary Precinct (27 Jun 2013)
“Speaker, this will be a bit of an anticlimax, but I should adjust my cuffs and straighten my tie—Stephen, there is nothing I can do with my hair, but anyway—and raise this because I think that it is an important development in the way in which this place operates. So by way of questions to you under standing order 103: does the Speaker agree that the efforts of officers from the...”
- Motions: Parliament House: 25th Anniversary (26 Jun 2013)
“I am here as part of the museum piece of the 25th anniversary of new Parliament House, because I am amongst about 75 to 80 people who have been here since we shifted up the hill. Warren came up the hill with us. He went on to bigger and better things and then came back. He has been here a long time. I think for us this is really about the events of 25 years ago, when we made the move, because...”
- Delegation Reports: Australian Parliamentary Delegation to Vietnam, Singapore and Indonesia (26 Jun 2013)
“I present the report of the Australian parliamentary delegation to Vietnam, Singapore and Indonesia from 7 to 19 April 2013. I seek leave to make a very short statement in connection with the report. Leave granted. I thank the House. This was the ASEAN delegation—that is why we went to those three countries. I am proud that, in another guise in this place, myself and the President of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 9 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 986 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)