This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Ged Kearney voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Has never voted on decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Treatment Benefits (Special Access) Bill 2019, Treatment Benefits (Special Access) (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2019; Second Reading (20 Feb 2019)
“I thank the member for Murray for his encouraging words. I too rise to support this very important bill, the Treatment Benefits (Special Access) Bill 2019. It's been nearly 20 years since the plight of members of the civilian surgical teams who served in Vietnam was raised by a civilian nurse who became seriously ill with a condition associated with exposure to herbicides and identified in...”
- Statements by Members: 5up5down (18 Feb 2019)
“In this age of Facebook, Instagram, and other social media, it seems we are more disconnected than ever. Loneliness and social isolation are an emerging health issue, with some surprising consequences. Feeling lonely can pose a bigger risk for premature death than smoking or obesity, and has a greater impact on wellbeing than stress or anxiety. Loneliness doesn't discriminate. One in eight...”
- Constituency Statements: Good Samaritan Inn, Orange Sky (12 Feb 2019)
“Last week I visited the Good Samaritan Inn. This is an organisation in my electorate that provides emergency accommodation services to women fleeing family and domestic violence. The Good Samaritan Inn was started by the Good Samaritan Sisters. It's an organisation run by women for women. They've operated in Preston, on the smell of an oily rag, for over 20 years helping countless families...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ged Kearney speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)