This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Gavin Pearce voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2020-2021, Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2020-2021; Second Reading (23 Mar 2021)
“One thing I've said many times in this place since being elected is that I'm Braddon's voice in Canberra, not the other way around. This commitment remains my priority. As I move around the electorate, through the north-west, the west coast and King Island, I'm grateful for all those who take the time to update me on how things are going in their local communities. Whether you're representing...”
- Statements by Members: Johnston, Mr Ivan (23 Mar 2021)
“Today I rise to pay tribute to a dedicated servant of the north-west coast of Tasmania, Mr Ivan Johnston, who recently passed away aged 84. Ivan's legacy is one of service, achievement, leadership, loyalty and mentorship. At 18, Ivan undertook national service and in 1973 joined the Army reserve, where he was a musician and drum major with the Australian Army Band for 13 years. He undertook...”
- Questions without Notice: Australian Floods (22 Mar 2021)
“My question is to the Minister representing the Minister for Defence. Will the minister please outline to the House how the Morrison government stands ready to provide critical ADF support to those communities impacted by flooding?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 76 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Gavin Pearce speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)