This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Gavin Pearce voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Tasmania: Renewable Energy (26 Aug 2021)
“Good news from the great state of Tasmania today—and, in mentioning Tasmania, I'd like to point out to the House that Tasmania makes up just one per cent of Australia's landmass. We receive nine per cent of Australia's rainfall, but we have 26 per cent of Australia's fresh water in storage. We store this water in our 54 Hydro dams, which were created as part of the hydro-electric scheme...”
- Questions without Notice: Defence Industry: Employment (26 Aug 2021)
“My question is to the Minister for Defence Industry. Australia's defence industry is a significant and important contributor to our economy. It helps create thousands of jobs across the country, including jobs for our veterans. Will the minister inform the House how sticking to the national plan will continue the Morrison government's efforts to support Australian jobs in defence industry?”
- Matters of Public Importance: Agriculture Industry (25 Aug 2021)
“As the federal member for Braddon, I represent the agricultural powerhouse, in Tasmania. It's the epicentre of agricultural excellence. But I also stand here as a farmer. I run a co-owned agribusiness operation where we breed black cattle on the north-west coast of Tasmania. We grow crops, including potatoes, and my family has been farming in that region since 1852. So I know a little bit...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Gavin Pearce speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)