This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Gary Gray, former Representative
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Bills: Social Services Legislation Amendment (Interest Charge) Bill 2016; Second Reading (17 Mar 2016)
“With the indulgence of the House, I will make my valedictory speech. I would like to thank all of the staff who have ever worked for me, ever kept me on time, ever kept me up to the mark and ever kept me being as good as I could ever be in this role. I thank the attendants, the clerks, the cleaners, the Comcar drivers and everyone else who works in this place to make this terrific institution...”
- Bills: Primary Industries Levies and Charges Collection Amendment Bill 2016 (17 Mar 2016)
“on indulgence—The member for Groom has, in so many ways, eloquently captured the broad elements of his career in this place. A career that served the interests of our nation, the people of Queensland, the primary producers and those workers in the resources sector so well. We can learn so much from his example. When Ian Macfarlane became the resources minister our country had an LNG...”
- Constituency Statements: Election of Senators (17 Mar 2016)
“The ballot is the thing. That was the battle cry of unions, organised labour, workers and radicals during the formative years of Australia's democracy. As a nation, we were unified and bound together by the idea of a free and democratic vote. 'The ballot is the thing,' said unionists, labour activists and poets. Whether they were shearers at Barcaldine or miners at Kalgoorlie, they believed...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 251 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)