This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Garth Hamilton voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Has never voted on increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Refugee Week (23 Jun 2021)
“It's Refugee Week, and my region is a very welcoming place. No matter your background, if you come to live with us you'll find a community, and more—you'll find a home. There is no better example of this than the hundreds of Sudanese and, more recently, Yazidi people who've come to make a home for themselves amongst us in the Toowoomba region. Our efforts in safely settling these...”
- Bills: Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Standards and Assurance) Bill 2021; Second Reading (22 Jun 2021)
“I thank the shadow minister for her comments, and I'd like to respond to some of those in my contribution here. But I would like to frame my contribution as someone who spent a good part of their career as a mining engineer in the mining industry. Of course, when we enter this place we leave a good part of our history behind, but it's an industry that has been very, very good to me, as it has...”
- Statements by Members: Groom Electorate: Mental Health (21 Jun 2021)
“This government is investing in Australia's future by investing in the wellbeing of young Australians. I'm very pleased that headspace Toowoomba has been successful in receiving a grant of almost $1 million from this government to hire one full-time intake worker and two full-time intervention workers. It's great to see the Toowoomba region sharing in the Morrison government's $26 million...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Garth Hamilton speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 29 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)