This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Garth Hamilton MP
- Liberal National Party Representative for Groom
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 December 2020 — Byelection
- Email me whenever Garth Hamilton speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Statements by Members: Queensland: Youth Crime (22 Mar 2023)
“On Monday I will introduce my private member's bill to the parliament that seeks to explicitly expand the powers of the eSafety Commissioner to deal with the promotion of crimes committed repeatedly in Queensland's youth crime crisis. It's a bill born of our local community, and I want to thank two local groups for their contributions: Voice for Victims, especially Helen Bell for all she has...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Energy (21 Mar 2023)
“It's a great joy to have the member for Spence back on the rotation. I always make an effort to try and find one point I can agree with the last speaker on. I'm wholeheartedly all-in on the line, 'It's not going to get too much better.' I think that's very much the situation Australia faces right now. It's not going to get too much better. I'm sure that, if we reach across the parliament and...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Economy (8 Mar 2023)
“It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to talk about the government's failure to reduce cost-of-living pressures at this time, I can assure you. It's right to talk about the impact that mortgage costs going up is having on families, and what it's like growing up in that situation. Labor certainly does have a mortgage on a working class background, I can assure you—as someone who grew up in...”
More of Garth Hamilton's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Garth Hamilton speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 73 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)