This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Fiona Phillips voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Gilmore Electorate: Australia Post (18 Jun 2020)
“In areas like my electorate the local posties are more than just someone who delivers letters. They are friends and neighbours. They are part of our community. The electorate of Gilmore has one of the highest unemployment rates in New South Wales, and keeping our posties in their jobs is vital. Not only that; the humble letter is an important part of country life. So I am absolutely appalled...”
- Bills: Veterans' Affairs Legislation Amendment (Supporting the Wellbeing of Veterans and Their Families) Bill 2020; Second Reading (18 Jun 2020)
“I'm glad to rise today to support the wellbeing of local veterans and their families across the New South Wales South Coast. We have a strong defence presence in my electorate of Gilmore, so it is no surprise that veterans and their families are an important part of our community. We need to make sure we are doing absolutely everything we can to help and support local veterans, and that is...”
- Constituency Statements: Gilmore Electorate: Manyana Matters Environmental Association (18 Jun 2020)
“The Manyana community has had a harrowing year this year. The bushfires that ravaged so much of our coast burned the majority of the bushland in this beautiful coastal village. The bushland is right up against the homes, and you can see how close the flames came. Alex and June Frew heartbreakingly suffered burns to 50 per cent of their bodies battling the fire at their Manyana home. They have...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Fiona Phillips speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 41 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)