This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Fiona Phillips voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Committees: Environment and Energy Committee; Report (12 Feb 2020)
“I'm pleased to have the opportunity to speak on this report today as a supplementary member on the nuclear inquiry. I stand today in steadfast opposition to the inquiry's report. I strongly oppose the lifting of the moratorium on nuclear energy and a shift towards nuclear power. In my very first speech in this place, I spoke about nuclear energy. I talked about how the government needed to...”
- Statements by Members: Nowra Show (12 Feb 2020)
“Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the 144th Nowra Show. I've been going to the Nowra Show for as long as I can remember—since before I could walk. I was honoured to attend this year as patron. This year was a little unusual. For starters, it was pouring with rain. But not a single person was complaining. After our horror summer of bushfires, it felt like sweet relief. It...”
- Adjournment: Australian Natural Disasters (10 Feb 2020)
“My electorate received some very welcome news over the weekend. The Currowan bushfire, which raged for 74 days, burnt through 499,000 hectares and destroyed 312 homes, was out. The Comberton fire is also now out. The Clyde Mountain fire, which has destroyed 493 homes and burnt through 98,000 hectares in the Eurobodalla, is listed as being under control. This is very good news and a cause for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Fiona Phillips speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)