This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Ewen Jones, former Representative
- Former Liberal Party Representative for Herbert
- Left House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — unknown
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Governor-General's Speech: Herbert Electorate: Infrastructure (5 May 2016)
“Townsville was founded just on 150 years ago as a port town. Today we are a port city. We are the most significant city north of the Tropic of Capricorn in the entire country. We are now developing our port into a major container and logistics hub, a transport hub for northern Australia. We have direct shipping from Townsville to China in eight days, the shortest trip from anywhere in...”
- Governor-General's Speech: Address-in-Reply (4 May 2016)
- Questions without Notice: Budget (4 May 2016)
“My question is to the Minister for Small Business and Assistant Treasurer. Will the minister update the House on the additional support our government will provide to Australia's hardworking small businesses? What will these measures mean to the small business sector in my seat of Herbert and the city of Townsville? How will these measures create jobs and growth? Ms Plibersek interjecting—”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 91 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 341 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)