This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Dobell
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Mental Health (since 2 Jun 2019)
Shadow Assistant Minister for Carers (since 2 Jun 2019)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Emma McBride speaks (no more than once per day)
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Emma McBride voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Aged Care (27 Feb 2020)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. The aged-care minister has said about the closure of an aged-care home in my electorate, 'Decisions of this nature are a matter for the organisation's management,' and refused my community's requests for assistance. How can that be the government's position when it gave more than half a million dollars to an aged-care home in the member for Nicholls's...”
- Statements by Members: Dobell Electorate: Little Creek Cheese Factory (26 Feb 2020)
“There were cheesy smiles all round at the Little Creek Cheese factory in Wyong, when the 2020 Sydney Royal Cheese & Dairy Produce Show results were announced. The Central Coast's very own cheese factory in my home town, Wyong, Little Creek Cheese gained one gold, two silver and five bronze awards, in what was a very competitive event. This family owned and operated handmade artisan cheese...”
- Statements by Members: Toukley 50 Plus Leisure & Learning Centre (25 Feb 2020)
“Last Monday I was delighted to join the official opening of the Toukley 50 Plus Leisure & Learning Centre Art & Craft Show with David Harris, the member for Wyong. The centre proudly boasts that it's the largest seniors' club in Australia. I've heard it's the largest in the Southern Hemisphere. The exhibition was held as part of the New South Wales Seniors Festival, and all art and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Emma McBride speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 126 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)