This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Dobell
- Assistant Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention (since 1 Jun 2022)
Assistant Minister for Rural and Regional Health (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Emma McBride speaks (no more than once per day)
- Constituency Statements: Dobell Electorate: Roads (28 Sep 2022)
“My community on the Central Coast is home to some of the worst roads in New South Wales. Our road network spans more than 2,000 kilometres, and, after years of neglect under the former government, the backlog of works has only grown. After recent extreme weather events and local flooding, there are even more potholes and dangerous hazards on our roads than there were before. According to a...”
- Bills: National Health Amendment (General Co-payment) Bill 2022; Second Reading (27 Sep 2022)
“Since my first speech, I've spoken many times in this place about the cost of medicines and about Australians faced with difficult choices about which of their prescriptions they should skip or avoid or what else they could go without so they could simply afford to fill their prescriptions—choices people shouldn't be forced to make. Today, as a pharmacist, as a local MP and as someone...”
- Bills: Aged Care Amendment (Implementing Care Reform) Bill 2022; Second Reading (7 Sep 2022)
“Aged care matters. It matters in communities like mine on the Central Coast of New South Wales, where one in five people are aged over 65, and it matters in every suburb, town and city across the country, where old Australians and those who love them deserve better. That's why it's crucial this legislation, the Aged Care Amendment (Implementing Care Reform) Bill 2022, is supported and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Emma McBride speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 210 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)