This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.

RSS feed Elizabeth Watson-Brown MP

Photo of Elizabeth Watson-Brown

RSS feed Most recent appearances in parliament

Bills: Superannuation (Objective) Bill 2023; Second Reading (18 Mar 2024)

“In 2015 the Liberals commissioned the Murray review into superannuation. That's the origin of this legislation. Murray said that the parliament should make it clear what the objectives of our superannuation system are. The coalition, while working to enact this objective into law, was never able to get internal consensus on what the purpose of super is, so no legislation was ever introduced....”

Statements by Members: Visitor Visas (18 Mar 2024)

“Recently it was reported that people fleeing Gaza to come to Australia are having their visas cancelled mid-flight. I can't fathom how anyone in this government can defend their decision to cancel visas of Palestinian people escaping genocide in Gaza. I frankly don't understand how they can sleep at night or look a fellow human in the eye. I'm sorry, but this is a new low for our government....”

Bills: Help to Buy Bill 2023, Help to Buy (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2023; Second Reading (15 Feb 2024)

“I rise today to speak to the Help to Buy Bill 2023. It's called 'help to buy', but this bill won't help many. It'll help only about 0.2 per cent of renters while leaving behind the other 99.8 per cent. This just does not address the enormity of the housing crisis. Labor and the LNP have made it easier to buy your second home or your fifth home than your first. Investors do well. Everyday...”

More of Elizabeth Watson-Brown's recent appearances


Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)

  • Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
  • People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
  • This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
  • 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Elizabeth Watson-Brown speaks.
  • Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)