This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Ed Husic MP
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Chifley
- Minister for Industry and Science (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ed Husic speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Bills: Education Legislation Amendment (Startup Year and Other Measures) Bill 2023; Consideration in Detail (23 Mar 2023)
“I just want to express, obviously, support for this. I think there is a great opportunity for us, in terms of the bill as a whole, to send a very important signal in terms of us tapping into the ideas of young Australians to build new businesses. We need to build new businesses. We need to send a signal from government that entrepreneurism and that activity is really important. I'm grateful...”
- Bills: Education Legislation Amendment (Startup Year and Other Measures) Bill 2023; Second Reading (22 Mar 2023)
“It's a great pleasure to follow the member for Swan, who I would like to just emphasise—having worked with her prior to her election and now, obviously, as the member for Swan—has a deep interest in terms of turning ideas into reality and being able to see firms grow in her electorate. They are leading-edge firms in her area and also some of the young talent in the university...”
- Questions without Notice: National Reconstruction Fund (9 Mar 2023)
“Understood, and I totally withdraw. But what we did have to deal with was Liberal and National parties who haven't used the time going into opposition to reflect, to think about doing things differently. Instead, they've blown the dust off the old Tony Abbott handbook and are doing exactly what Tony Abbott did—say no to everything. Can I just say, on behalf of an anxious nation, Leader...”
More of Ed Husic's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 13 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ed Husic speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 702 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)