This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Bean
- Former Australian Labor Party Senator for ACT
- Entered the Senate on 23 May 2018 — Federal election
- Entered House of Representatives on 18 May 2019 — Federal election
- Left Senate on 11 April 2019 — Resigned
- Email me whenever David Smith speaks (no more than once per day)
- Statements by Members: Diabetes (6 Sep 2022)
“H (—) (): Type 1 diabetes is a life-changing chronic illness, one that affects some 1.8 million Australians. The impacts of this illness can be felt in every aspect of a person's life and requires 24/7 monitoring, including extensive blood glucose monitoring and insulin administration. Those with diabetes are required to pay attention to the food they eat, the exercise they do, the...”
- Questions without Notice: Migration (5 Sep 2022)
“My question is to the Minister for Home Affairs. How is the Albanese government lifting permanent migration to bring in the critical workers our economy desperately needs?”
- Statements by Members: World Boccia (5 Sep 2022)
“In two days time, two athletes and fierce competitors from Bean will be competing at the World Boccia championship event in Rome as part of the five-strong Australian team. Dylan Schwarz, 18, is competing in his first international event, while Corena Harrison is a wily veteran of the Australian squad, having competed internationally previously in Dubai, Portugal and New Zealand. Boccia, for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever David Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)