This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
David Smith MP, former Senator
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Bean
- Former Australian Labor Party Senator for ACT
- Entered the Senate on 23 May 2018 — Federal election
- Entered House of Representatives on 18 May 2019 — Federal election
- Left Senate on 11 April 2019 — Resigned
- Email me whenever David Smith speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Adjournment: Dwyer, Ms Christine, Australian Capital Territory: Community Events (9 Mar 2023)
“I rise today to acknowledge one of my constituents, Christine Dwyer. Christine has been a member of the Canberra community for over 40 years and has spent many of those years volunteering for organisations like Meals on Wheels and the Canberra Hospital ICU. However, it's the informal service she gives to the Canberra community that I want to acknowledge today. Christine is a friend to all,...”
- Committees: Treaties Joint Committee; Report (9 Mar 2023)
“I also rise to speak on the Joint Standing Committee on Treaties report on the UK free trade agreement. I do that both as a proud member of the Albanese Labor Party and in my capacity as chair of the United Kingdom parliamentary group. The Australia-United Kingdom free trade agreement is the first full trade agreement the United Kingdom negotiated from scratch following Brexit. This agreement...”
- Private Members' Business: National Cultural Policy (6 Mar 2023)
“I rise today to speak in favour of this motion and also to commend the long-term work of the members for Macquarie and Watson. The Albanese government has launched Revive: A place for every story, a story for every place, Australia's new national cultural policy that will set the course for Australia's arts, entertainment and cultural sector for the next five years. This government recognises...”
More of David Smith's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever David Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 75 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)