This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- National Party Representative for Maranoa
- Minister for Water Resources, Drought, Rural Finance, Natural Disaster and Emergency Management (since 29 May 2019)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever David Littleproud speaks (no more than once per day)
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How David Littleproud voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Drought (5 Dec 2019)
“Can I thank the member for Mallee for her question. The electorate of Mallee has been severely impacted by this drought that has spread like a cancer, starting up in Queensland, right down the east coast into Tasmania and now into WA. That's why our government's national drought strategy has three pillars. It is about delivery, real delivery, to people on the ground. The first pillar is...”
- Questions without Notice: Murray-Darling Basin (4 Dec 2019)
“We are continuing to work with the states. There are constitutional issues pertaining to the powers which we wish to give to Mr Keelty, who is the interim inspector as we stand at the moment, and then there'll be a cabinet appointment. If Mr Keelty applies, his name will come forward. The reality is there is crossover of the constitutional powers that we are asking for Mr Keelty to have. So,...”
- Bills: Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Amendment (Enhancing Australia's Anti-Doping Capability) Bill 2019; Third Reading (4 Dec 2019)
“I move: That the bill be now read a third time.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever David Littleproud speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 146 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)