This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
David Gillespie MP
- National Party Representative for Lyne
- Entered House of Representatives on 7 September 2013 — Federal election
- Email me whenever David Gillespie speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Bills: National Reconstruction Fund Corporation Bill 2022; Consideration in Detail (9 Mar 2023)
“The National Reconstruction Fund Corporation Bill 2022 is an important bill. It's a no-brainer. We do have to reconstruct our manufacturing capability. It's a matter of national sovereignty and urgency that we rebuild our manufacturing capabilities across a whole range of things. The government are putting up a bill to tip $5 billion in and add another $10 billion, but they have changed the...”
- Bills: Referendum (Machinery Provisions) Amendment Bill 2022; Second Reading (6 Mar 2023)
“The Referendum (Machinery Provisions) Amendment Bill 2022 is a very complex bill. It should be separated that this is changing some of the ways that referenda are to be run from here on in. That in itself is a cause for great concern to me and to many, because there doesn't appear to be a level playing field. That is a very important principle which needs to be addressed. We need to know that...”
- Statements by Members: Lyne Electorate: Community Events (6 Mar 2023)
“I congratulate Taree's Kody Garland for his career best and first ever podium finish at AWC Race Tasmania's opening season race at Symmons Plains Raceway. He was driving a Peugeot 308. Kody kicked off the weekend with a strong seventh in the qualifying round, got fifth place on the poll to start and ended up on the podium. Also doing great stuff in the Lyne electorate is OzFish Unlimited's...”
More of David Gillespie's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 13 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever David Gillespie speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 383 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)