This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Damian Drum voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Nicholls Electorate: Employment (11 Sep 2019)
“For many months now it's been apparent that in places like the Goulburn Valley, that I represent, there is a real difference when it comes to our labour force and ability to get appropriate labour than in most other regions throughout Australia. Whilst we do have five per cent unemployment, we have at least more than five per cent of jobs that are available. Our biggest problem in the region...”
- Bills: Water Amendment (Indigenous Authority Member) Bill 2019; Second Reading (11 Sep 2019)
“I'm very pleased to take the opportunity to speak to the Water Amendment (Indigenous Authority Member) Bill 2019. In doing so, I congratulate the minister for bringing this Indigenous member to the management of the Murray-Darling Basin to make sure that we take advantage of the knowledge that is associated with Indigenous water management and ownership—the way that they have been able...”
- Statements by Members: Nicholls Electorate: Workplace Relations (11 Sep 2019)
“Recently, I met with Jim Mehmet, the owner-operator of Southern Cross Orchards. Southern Cross Orchards is a stone fruit growing business, which encompasses 500 acres of stone fruit across 10 properties in the Goulburn Valley. Jim raised the issue of the lack of labour available to harvest their crops. Last year, this problem led to them leaving about 100 tonnes of fruit on the trees, simply...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Damian Drum speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 146 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)