This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Damian Drum voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Members: Nicholls Electorate: Industry Training Hub, Employment (25 Mar 2021)
“Secondary school students in my electorate of Nicholls are set to benefit from a Commonwealth industry training hub. Based in Shepparton, the hub is going to be one of 10 that will be trialled around Australia as part of a $50 million investment by the federal government to improve opportunities for years 11 and 12 students in regional areas that have high youth unemployment. These students...”
- Adjournment: Murray-Darling Basin (25 Mar 2021)
“The farmers in the communities of the southern-connected system of the Murray-Darling Basin over the last 12 months have enjoyed a relatively good season. We've had crops that have recorded record yields. Some of those results have been stunning. Pastures have again had growth, which has resulted in farmers having very strong hay yields and storages for upcoming seasons. Again, they are in a...”
- Adjournment: Undocumented Workers (24 Mar 2021)
“I want to acknowledge a report entitled Out of the Shadows that has recently been released by Associate Professor Joanna Howell from the University of Adelaide. In this report, she tackles the very real issue of undocumented workers. She says that the pandemic, the crisis that we have at the moment, may be the opportunity we need to regularise the status of these undocumented workers. Who are...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 63 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Damian Drum speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 203 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)