This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Craig Thomson, former Representative
- Former Independent Representative for Dobell
- Changed party from Australian Labor Party on 29 Apr 2012
- Left House of Representatives on 7 September 2013 — unknown
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 November 2007 — Federal election
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions without Notice: Tuggerah Lakes (26 Jun 2013)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. Prime Minister, as you know I secured $20 million in government funding to clean up Tuggerah Lakes. Are you willing to permit further funding to ensure that the lakes are clean and this wonderful natural asset of ours continues to have the necessary environmental work done to continue the long term job of rehabilitating Tuggerah Lakes?”
- Bills: Migration Amendment (Temporary Sponsored Visas) Bill 2013; Second Reading (20 Jun 2013)
“Suffice it to say that it is quite an extraordinary parliament, isn't it, when we hear the debate that has gone on today in relation to migration, immigration, 457 visas, border control—all of those things generally. Quite frankly we have a Labor government that has excised Australia from Australia, even though back in 2006 some of the very same members were arguing against this...”
- Constituency Statements: Dobell Electorate: Mining (19 Jun 2013)
“Again I rise to speak about the proposed coalmine in my electorate. The reason I raise this issue continually is that it is the most important issue for people on the Central Coast. The reason it is the most important issue is that this proposed coal mine—proposed essentially by the South Korean government with all the coal to go to South Korea—is under the major water catchment...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 221 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)