This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Ms Catherine King MP
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Ballarat
- Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Entered House of Representatives on 10 November 2001 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Catherine King speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Bills: Infrastructure Australia Amendment (Independent Review) Bill 2023; Second Reading (22 Mar 2023)
“I move: That this bill be now read a second time. The Australian government makes substantial investments in infrastructure across the nation including in transport infrastructure, through the Infrastructure Investment Program; in communications infrastructure, through the National Broadband Network and mobile connectivity; in energy infrastructure, by supporting rebuilding the electricity...”
- Questions without Notice: Growing Regions Program (21 Mar 2023)
“Thanks very much to the shadow minister for his question. I know that, like all regional Australians, we are both very keen to represent our regions. As you know, the Growing Regions Program is part of this government's measures of integrity, bringing integrity back into the grants program after years and years of pork-barrelling and rorting on the part of the former government. We are taking...”
- Questions without Notice: Aukus (20 Mar 2023)
“I thank the member for Bendigo very much for her question. There's a bit of rivalry between our two great cities, but, as residents of regional Australia, we both understand the role that the regions play in supporting our defence forces and the jobs and investments that can come with new defence procurement projects. Regions all across Australia are rightly very proud of the work that they...”
More of Ms Catherine King's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 29 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Catherine King speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 548 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)