This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Carina Garland MP
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Chisholm
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 May 2022 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Carina Garland speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Adjournment: Climate Change, Parliamentary Standards (23 Mar 2023)
“Today is a cold, fairly miserable, drizzly day in Canberra. It is the morning after the night before. What a disgraceful night it was last night in the main chamber, when we were in debate for the Safeguard Mechanism (Crediting) Amendment Bill. I reflected, as a first-term MP in the first ten months of my first term, on what it means to represent a community and the things that matter to...”
- Bills: National Vocational Education and Training Regulator (Data Streamlining) Amendment Bill 2023; Second Reading (22 Mar 2023)
“I'm very pleased to speak on the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator (Data Streamlining) Amendment Bill 2023. The purpose of this bill is to better support data collection and other related measures being implemented as part of the Vocational Education and Training Data Streamlining program. This will make it much more efficient to assess how effective our investment in VET...”
- Bills: Education Legislation Amendment (Startup Year and Other Measures) Bill 2023; Second Reading (22 Mar 2023)
“The bill before the House, the Education Legislation Amendment (Startup Year and Other Measures) Bill 2023, is a very exciting one. It will help unlock the potential of so many in our country to develop new ideas, to come up with inventions that will improve our world and to put Australia in a stronger position in terms of our reputation as a smart country with sovereign capability in ideas...”
More of Carina Garland's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Carina Garland speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 36 times in debates — well below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)