This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Brian Mitchell MP
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Lyons
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Brian Mitchell speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Statements by Members: Albanese Government (21 Mar 2023)
“Today marks 10 months since the Albanese Labor government was elected, and it's worth noting some of the achievements of those 10 months. They include cheaper medicines; a pay rise for millions, particularly the low paid; 180,000 fee-free TAFE places; and cheaper child care from 1 July. We've put in more paid parental leave. We've legislated for a National Anti-Corruption Commission. We've...”
- Private Members' Business: Forestry Industry (20 Mar 2023)
“I thank the member for Mackellar for moving this motion and providing me the opportunity to speak in support of Tasmania's native forestry sector. Few things elicit more passion in Tasmania than forestry. You are either for it or against it, or so some would have you believe. If you're for forestry, you're a redneck who hates the environment. If you're against forestry, you are a greenie who...”
- Statements by Members: Tasmania State Emergency Service (20 Mar 2023)
“Over the weekend the Tasmania State Emergency Service volunteers came together for the annual state skills workshop at Carrick in the northern part of my electorate. Members from across the state put their skills of the test in several activities, including road crash rescues, search-and-rescue and four-wheel drive operations. The workshop was a unique opportunity for volunteers to work...”
More of Brian Mitchell's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Brian Mitchell speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 301 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)